Chapter 6

Chapter 6: School Festival

I am currently situated in my kitchen, consuming my breakfast

I am currently situated in my kitchen, consuming my breakfast. My early wake-up call was due to preparations for the forthcoming school festival scheduled for next week. If you are inquiring about Storm’s whereabouts, I can confirm that he is presently residing in the headquarters. I visited him last night on my way home from a prior engagement. I managed to elude someone who was tailing me yesterday. After completing my meal, I departed from my residence, entered my vehicle, and set off.

I have now arrived at school and have observed students conversing about the upcoming school festival. I did not pay heed to such an event whilst in Japan. Hence, I fail to see the relevance in contemplating it now. Upon entering the classroom, I overheard fellow students deliberating over which booth to make. In the absence of a teacher, students are free to be present on the school premises. I proceeded to seat myself and observed our class president grappling with the decision of which booth to select.

“Can’t you think of anything else?”  She asked.

“I suggest a café theme,” I confidently stated, causing everyone to turn their attention towards me as they were bickering over which booth to choose.

“How about the women wear a maid outfit and the men wear butler outfits?” I proposed.

“Wow, great idea!” The Class President praised enthusiastically and began giving orders.

“Where can we rent the costumes?” One of my classmates asked. As the Class President was about to answer, five men barged into the room.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of the costumes. Ms. President, please measure everyone,” I commanded, already taking charge of the situation. Everett expressed confusion, prompting me to clarify the plan.

“By the way, we should start thinking about the menu for our café too,” The Class President brought up, seeking my input. All eyes turned to me, including the five men who had just arrived.

“I enquired if my peers were familiar with Faye’s Café,” I stated with a polite tone.

“I have heard of it and understand it to be well-known. The proprietor’s identity, however, remains a mystery,” Responded one of my classmates.

“Class President, I implore you to visit the establishment,” I suggested as I noticed the surprise in her eyes.

“Me?” She asked in shock, to which I nodded in affirmation.

“But for what reason?” She enquired.

“You will understand once you have gone,” I replied. The class president hesitantly agreed and soon after, she completed measuring every one. However, something was amiss with the results.

“Class President, can you measure the sizes of those five individuals,” I requested. The other students were taken aback.

“Why should we allow her to measure us?” August questioned.

“Simply comply, Mr. Knight,” I replied. He complied begrudgingly. The class president trembled as she took their measurements, but eventually provided me with her findings. As I stood up, I gathered the paper and exited the classroom.

“Kindly proceed to my school,” I instructed the person on the other end of the line before hanging up and awaiting the arrival of my butler, Lee. Upon his arrival, he immediately bowed in respect.

“Kindly deliver these items to Charmaine and request that she create this ensemble. I must have it by Sunday,” I requested as I handed him a sheet of paper containing the names and sizes of my classmates.

“Certainly, Lady Kaia,” He responded, bowing once more before his departure. With Lee gone, I proceeded to the cafeteria as I was feeling peckish. I greeted the kind woman at the counter with a smile before placing my order.

“I would like to have a burger, fries, and apple juice, please.” Upon receiving my order, I submitted my payment and scanned the area for an available table. I noticed an empty table by the door and began to walk towards it when someone suddenly bumped into me. I was filled with anger and confusion as I looked up and recognized my perpetrator; none other than the infamous Stacey, the bane of my existence. Not only that, but I couldn’t understand why she had such a problem with me.

“Hey, are you okay?” She asked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, trying to resist the urge to slap her. But, I decided to take the high road.

“Yeah, I’m good,” I replied with a smile. Her annoyed expression was priceless. She stormed out in frustration when her plan failed. She wanted to see me cry, but she clearly didn’t expect me to take it in stride.

As I tried to shake off the encounter, it suddenly hit me where I recognized her from. She was Raya Romanova's sister, Stacey Romanova, who I had met in Japan. Raya had warned me about her troublesome antics, and now I understand why. Raya, who is half-Japanese and half-Russian, has been a dear friend since childhood.

I left the cafeteria after witnessing my purchased food being recklessly discarded. I refuse to tolerate such irresponsible behavior. Suddenly, I sensed an incoming danger and narrowly dodged a vase that was thrown at me. Although I didn’t see the culprit, I firmly declare that I will not stand for such reckless actions. With my safety in mind, I quickly headed back to my classroom.

If Stacey was responsible for the vase, she will face the consequences, regardless of her relationship with Raya. As my phone rang, I checked the caller ID.

Raya Calling…

What the… What does she need? I hope they don’t follow me here.

“Hello?” I answered the phone.

“Leader, I miss you so much!” Raya chimed in, but I pulled the phone away from my ear.

“I don’t miss you.” I, stated flatly, knowing she was pouting.

“You hurt my feelings, leader!” Raya protested, pretending to cry, but I shook my head at her mischievousness.

“By the way, we’ll be there in a few days.” Raya’s announcement made my eyes widen in shock.

“What?!” I had just said that I hoped they wouldn’t come here.

“Ouch, don’t shout,” Raya winced.

“I don’t want you to come here,” I asserted.

“Nope, we’ll be there, and you can’t stop us. Bleh!” Raya hung up, and I was left stunned. Nonetheless, I had to figure out a way to handle the situation to avoid disaster.

Calling Mom…

“Why did you call, Princess?” My mom asked.

“I need to know if you can stop the gang from coming here,” I stated.

“Your Aunt Aislinn told me, but no one can stop your friends,” My mom responded.

“I understand that, but I want to make sure we’re prepared. They can be a bit wild,” I explained.

“Don’t worry about it. They can protect themselves,” My mom assured me.

“Okay,” I agreed, trying to sound more confident.

“I need to go, your dad is calling me,” She said.

“Love you mom, and tell dad I love him too,” I said.

“We love you too,” She replied before hanging up. Although the thought of my troublesome friends visiting made me anxious, I also felt excited. Regardless, I promised myself I’d keep us all safe.

As I entered the classroom, I noticed my classmates had already prepared two tables and lined up four chairs. Our secretary took charge and created a brilliant green board displaying our café booth. We all focused our efforts on preparing for the booth throughout the day. After finishing, I promptly left the classroom to attend to other commitments.