6

"Scaramouche you said this was his office window!" 

"I'm sorry I didn't hack the internet to memorize your crush's home layout! That's your job! You're the stalker!" Scaramouche whisper-yelled. 

"This is breaking and entering." Zhongli hadn't left his bed yet. 

"Technically we didn't break open the window. The window was already open..." Childe gestured. "I'm just a guest you didn't plan for?" he forced a smile, trying to talk his way out of it. 

"I did not tell you where my house was located nor did I give you permission to be here." Zhongli stood up. Realizing he hadn't tied his robe he promptly did so, covering himself with the fabric. It was too late. Childe had already seen everything he needed to see in order to fuel his late-night fantasies. 

"Considering the circumstances," Zhongli brushed his hair behind his ear, "I can understand your sense of urgency so I shall overlook the matter." 

"Did you look at the notebook?" Childe squeaked. 

"I did not look inside the notebook," Zhongli assured. "Please wait here while I get it." 

"W-wait!" Childe hurried to get to his feet and grab Zhongli's hand. "Can't you just tell me where it is and I'll get it? I don't want you to go anywhere near it!" 

Zhongli stared down at the hand holding his. "Do you not trust me?" he asked, once again making eye contact with Childe. "Do you not think me a man of my word?" 

"I-" Childe paused.

"I see," Zhongli sighed. 

"No- I do- but-" 

"But?" 

"It's embarrassing!" Childe's face flushed. 

"More embarrassing than trying to sneak into your professor's bedroom at night?" Zhongli grabbed his robe and adjusted it, making sure it was still properly on. If Childe had been paying attention he might've just assumed Zhongli was being self-conscious. However, Childe was too concerned about his own self-consciousness to be thinking about Zhongli's. 

"Very well," Zhongli turned on his heel. "If you don't trust me, I suppose you'll just have to follow me." Zhongli walked, guiding Childe through his house until they reached his office. It was a rather nice place. One might even call it...a golden house. The rocks he had on display seemed to glimmer once the lights were turned on. It was truly a sight to behold. 

"Why do you like rocks so much?" Childe stared at one display in particular. 

Zhongli took a step back to stand next to him. "My wife was fond of crystals, flowers, and nature. Before we were dating I switched my major to Geology in order to impress her with a type of nature knowledge." 

"Did it work?" 

"She told me I was cute for doing that." 

"You are."

"Hm?" 

"Cute for doing that," Childe smiled. Remembering that might be considered flirting, Childe hid his face in his hands and blushed. Yes. Good job. Sneak into your professor's bedroom and call him cute. Absolutely not stalker behavior in the slightest. What fondness he may have had for you is gone with a trail of red flags to follow.