8

"Are you saying I have a chance?" Childe blushed.

"I can neither confirm nor deny what you believe," Zhongli glanced away. 

"But, I do though, right? Or you wouldn't have said that!" 

Zhongli sighed. "This is a very difficult position for me to be in. Please understand the circumstances." 

"I'll leave. I promise. But please-!" Childe stepped forward and grabbed Zhongli's shoulders. "Please tell me you mean it! You like me too don't you? Right? You wouldn't have said that if you didn't, right? You're not the type to just give a guy hope for no reason...I think..." 

"Please listen to me very carefully," Zhongli stepped forward and Childe stepped back. This continued until Childe was pressed up against the wall. Zhongli slammed his hand down beside his face. "The longer you stay under my roof the more difficult you make this for me," he smiled but his eyes weren't behind it. "You snuck into my room," Zhongli pressed his knee up against the wall directly under Childe's crotch. "You've confessed your love to me." Zhongli's robe threatened to untie itself. Childe glanced away. "Look at me," Zhongli ordered. Childe moved his eyes back. 

"I am your professor," Zhongli leaned his face forward, threatening to kiss Childe's lips but still not doing it. "You are my student. Now leave my house before the police have a reason to throw me into prison." 

Zhongli stepped back and turned away, walking a few paces toward his room. He adjusted his robe, not looking at Childe again. "I will see you in class." 

Childe slid to the ground, hugging the notebook in his hands. "What the fuck?" he muttered, face bright red. "I need to graduate asap." Childe felt his phone in his pocket buzzing wildly so he answered it. "Hello?" 

"Hello? What the fuck do you mean 'Hello?' how long do you expect me to wait out here in the cold for your sorry ass? Did you get the damn notebook or not? What are you doing in there? Stealing pictures of Dr. Morax's sleeping face? Jerking off in his shower? What the fuck Childe!" Scaramouche snapped. 

"You can complain all you want but you still came here with me anyway," Childe grinned. 

"Get your perverted ass back outside right now or Kazuha and I are leaving without you." 

"Eh? Where did Xiao go?" 

"The fuck do you mean? He never came with us! Do you really think I could walk up to Xiao and ask him 'oh hey, want to sneak into your dad's house because Childe is an idiot?'" 

"Dad?!" Childe gasped. 

"Wait, why didn't we just ask Xiao to get it back if he already knew Dr. Morax?" Kazuha's voice of reason came through the phone. 

"Because Childe is a dumbass and doesn't listen to me!" 

"Wait...if Dr. Morax is Xiao's dad...then wouldn't that make me his stepdad if we get married?" 

"He's a dad-like figure! How many times do you want me to tell you to get the fuck out here?!" Scaramouche yelled one last time and hung up.