Ch.4: Remembering the worst

!TW!
—————————————————————————————————

It was the night of the founder's ball. The Lockwoods were kind enough to host the ball at their mansion.

I had spent hours trying to find the right gown. I decided on a red dress with a high collar, it had some red velvet prints on it. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but this dress is absolutely lovely.

I combed the strands of my hair and tied it into a bun. I placed on some gold jewelry on my head, ears, and fingers. I wore long hanging earrings, like the prints of my dress, I wasn't sure what it was.

Today I felt pretty. I had forgot about the hunger. I forgot about the blood, and fangs, and dark evil veins. Tonight I would forget about it and enjoy myself.

I haven't feed on a actual human in 2 months. I stuck with animal blood, yes it made me weaker than other vampires, but I didn't care. I had no enemies, that was only Katherine.

Katherine fed whenever she wanted to. She did what she pleased and not once felt guilty about it. Honestly, I admire that about her. I envied that about her.

~Flashback~

I gasped and sat up. The last thing I had memory of was me...dying. Katherine...Katherine slit my throat. I touched my throat and I could still feel the huge cut going from one end of my neck to the next.

I got up quickly and ran to the closet mirror. There I saw dried out blood that came out of my neck. Suddenly, the cut started coming back together. It was like magic. It was like time just reverse, and I was alive again.

Then my head started to hurt and I screamed in pain. I held my head and started to see things that I don't even remember happened. I saw Katherine's face in all of them. She would stick her face in my neck and took a big painful bite. But I didn't scream. I wanted to but I didn't. I couldn't.

After she finished, she stuffed her wrist in my mouth, "I'm sorry Elizabeth," was all she would say. And then I forgot.

Then I remembered how she killed me. "It's okay Elizabeth, this will only hurt for a second," once again she stuffed her wrist in my mouth and fed me her blood, "after we can be together forever. I quite like your company."

The next second she had a small knife in her hand. I wanted to run. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. But I couldn't. I couldn't feel. I wasn't scared. I just felt numb. She glided the knife across my neck and blood started to squirt out. I began to choke on my own blood. I tried to stop it with my hand but I couldn't. Then my vision was a world of darkness.

Now I was here. In the same place I died. Was this a nightmare. How am I still alive?

The door suddenly opened and a familiar brunette walked in. "Ah lovely you're awake."

I tripped and fell on my ground. I scooted away from her, "what have you do to me? Get away. Get away!!" I thought she was my friend.

"Don't be scared Elizabeth," she stated in a calm manner, "you're like me now."

"What are you?" I let out. I had silent tears dropping from my eyes. I didn't make a sound though as I cried.

"I'm a vampire." No no no. I've read about these in the archives. They were dead humans who fed on human blood in order to stay alive. I didn't want to be like that. They were monsters. I'm a monster.

"Now you have to fed," she said, "now let's go find you a tasty human."

I shook my head no. I wasn't about to fed on someone's blood. What if I killed them? "If you don't feed you'll die again," she sounded concerned, "but this time for good. I won't let them happen. My efforts won't go to waste."

She walked out of the cottage and after a few minutes, I took this as an advantage and ran. I ran and ran till I felt far enough.

I came across town square. No one was here since it was night. The light was very dim. I heard a few footsteps. I turned and turned to figure out where they were but they were no where near me. I followed my hearing of footsteps till I heard a lady's voice. "Please leave me alone."

I passed by an alley and I saw a women and a man. The man held her tight and tried to give her a kiss. She grabbed a nearby rock and hit him across the head.

The man started to bleed. Oh no. Blood started to drip from his forehead. I started to feel some pressure build up inside me and I ran to the man. I ran like lightning. It felt as if I teleported. I grabbed his hair and tilted his head enough to give me access for a good bite. I felt something sharp grow in my mouth and I could feel those veins under my eyes that I saw on Katherine in my "lost" memories.

I dug my teeth so deep in his neck. He screamed out of pain, but I continued to feed. The blood went down my throat so easily and it was a relief. I was so lost in his blood that I had realized I drank every last drop of blood he had. No one was around anymore. The women had ran and didn't look back, which was a good decision.

I let go of the man and he flopped on the floor like a fish out of water. I tried to listen for a heartbeat, but there was no pulse. Not a sound. His eyes were closed and I took a step back. I killed him. He was dead.

There was some leftover blood on my mouth. I was scared. I didn't know what to do. Then I remembered what Katherine would do. I bit my own wrist and stuffed it in his mouth. "No please wake up," I cried out. Tears were immediately flowing down my face. I didn't know the man, but I still felt guilty for what I had done.

With this action, I had completed the transitions. I was now officially a vampire.

Footsteps ran towards me. I didn't bother turning around. Maybe it was the government coming to take me away. I wished it was.

Instead it was Katherine. She pulled me back, "stop Elizabeth he's dead. You can't change that."

Suddenly I felt boiling anger build up inside of me. I pushed her away, "look what you did to me."

"I didn't mean for this to hurt you," she replied. Her voice actually sounded sad and hurt. Her face was full of regret. But I couldn't tell whether she was lying or telling the truth.

"I'm a monster."

~End of Flashback~

——————————————————————
Words: 1181

——————————————————————Words: 1181

Elizabeth's dress^