Ch.14: Home Sweet Home

Life was different. Technology was different. Fashion was different. I was different.

It had been years, more like a century, seen I last saw Damon and Stefan, and Katherine. I had searched for Katherine for years, but after 50 years, you get tired and I decided to give up. She was no where to be found.

They must have killed her.

I forgot about her. I needed to forget about her, so I did. After giving up, I never thought about her again, talked about her again, until now.

It was the year 2010. Times are different now. Money is also a big thing. Everywhere you go, somehow you always need money. I worked as a bartender at night and a waitress in the daytime. Being a vampire doesn't really get me sleep deprived, so I'm good. And I don't exactly age, so wrinkles aren't a problem for me.

I live in a small modern apartment by myself. I own a car and make a good amount of money, considering I can compel my bosses for a raise.

I stopped feeding on humans. And started feeding on animals. Yes, it made me weaker than other vampires, but at least I still had a heart.

It did get difficult at times to fight the urge to drink someone's raw blood, but that's what blood bags are for. I didn't drink them on a daily basis, maybe two times a week.

"Liz!" I hear someone call out. Lizzie, or Liz, is what people call me now. I got rid of the name Elizabeth since it only brought back bad memories that I wanted to forget. "Lizzie!"

I clear and get out of my thoughts, it was my boss trying to get my attention. "Sir?"

"I need you to do your job and take table 5's orders," he demanded. He wasn't exactly a nice boss. I hated him at times. He was so demanding even though he would just sit there and play around with people's pay checks.

"Right away," I replied grabbing my note pad and pen. I walked over to the table and it was a group of 4 boys. They were dressed in suits as if they had just come from a fancy interview. One of them caught my eye must I say. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He had a tattoo of a snake on his hand that you could see very well. He had some rings on his finger but not one on his ring finger meaning he wasn't married. "What can I get started for you guys?"

The guy with the attractive everything turned his head to look right at me. His eyes moved from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes. It was like he was scanning me or something. I was just standing there awkwardly with my notepad in my hands.

He just smirked and said, "how bout we start with your number beautiful?"

Did he really just say that?

I started to get nervous that I blurted out the first thing that came to mind, "I'm afraid that's not on the menu."

He laughed at my comment and just said his order. All his friends, I'm guessing, followed ordering right after him.

I wrote down their orders and finally left their table. That was so awkward.

The guy just couldn't seem to take his eyes off of me. I was so excited to leave. Yes he was attractive but his stare just sent to many butterflies down my stomach. It was annoying.

Once my shift was over, I grabbed my stuff and rushed out of there. "Going so soon?" I heard a voice from behind me. I was about to get in my car before I heard him. His voice sent chills down my spine and before I knew it I turned around to take a good look at him.

He was tall. Taller than me. Another green flag about this guy.

"My shift is over," I said calmly. He started approaching me, I could feel my nerves building up some more.

"I still didn't get that number," he reminded me as he leaned up against my car.

"Like I said it's not part of the menu," I wanted him to have my number so bad but I wasn't gonna look desperate. I'll play hard to get.

"Well you're not working anymore so I don't see the problem," he smirked. His arms were crossed in front of his lower chest.

I grabbed a paper from out of my bag and wrote my number on it. So much for playing hard to get! I stuffed it in his hands and walked off.

It was 6:00pm and my shift for bartender starts at 10:00pm. I have 4 hours to get ready. I was pretty tired from being a waitress so I wanted to just flop on my bed and lay down for a few minutes.

I smiled at the guy and got into my car, driving to my destination.

~

11:23pm

I was working as a bartender now. My shift wasn't too long though, not like my waitress daytime shift.

I only worked from 10:00pm to 2:00am. 4 hours, half of the time I work at the restaurant.

I was wiping down some glasses behind the counter when one of my co workers tapped the counter to get my attention. It was Cassie. She was my favorite co worker. She is my best friend. "Lizzie those guys over there want you to take their drink order."

"But I'm a bartender not a waitress," I reminded her. I was a waitress just not in this bar. Waitresses, like Cassie, have to wear some short revealing clothes and wear pounds of makeup. Where as I just wear a simple black shirt and jeans and a small apron tied to my waist. Sure they get paid more, but that's what I have another job for.

"That's what I told them," she spoke, "but they refused to give me their order, they want you to do it."

"Alright give me your notepad and pen," she handed it to me and I walked over to the table she said.

And to my surprise, it was...

———————————————————————
WORDS: 1046