Ch.5: Founder's Ball

I walked out of my room and into Katherine's. I had forgiven Katherine for what she did. Katherine was my best friend. I love her. She never left me alone all these years. She's had my back. And I have hers. I'm thankful for her, but sometimes I wish the forever she wanted wasn't like this.

Katherine was wearing a periwinkle dress that was slightly off the shoulders. The dress skirt was huge and fell all the way to her toes. She also had long white gloves on, they looked perfect with her outfit I must say. Her hair was also in a bun. "Ah Elizabeth," she walked over to me as I got her attention, "you look absolutely gorgeous...Surely you'll have a fun time with Stefan."

"As to you with Damon," she nodded kinda sarcastically. It was obvious, at least to me, that Kath also liked Stefan and I mean I cannot blame her. I just feel bad for Damon cause in the last few days he's been here, he's shown quite some interest in Katherine. She gave him some attention, but that would always be ruined once Stefan Salvatore walked into the room.

A knock on the door made both of us turn our heads. "You ready ladies," Damon said leaning against the door frame. He was wearing a white button up with a white bow tie and a black suit jacket.

We both nodded and headed for the door. Damon let out his hand for Katherine, but she just gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked away without another word. At least he got a kiss. He touched his cheek and I could see some happiness spark up inside of him.

I was still there, standing like an idiot watching him. He let out his hand for me, I took it since I felt bad about Katherine. But all he seemed to care about was the kiss. Yes he wasn't my date, but him escorting me to the car shouldn't hurt.

Downstairs, I saw Katherine and Stefan already heading towards the carriage. The doors were open so we got a good view of them. I could see that Stefan was wearing the exact same thing as Damon, matching how cute. "Looks like they're bout to take off without us," Damon joked.

"We best hurry then," I replied letting go of his hand. I ran down to the carriage as a joke, I laughed on my way down there. It was quite difficult to run with heels but not impossible. Damon stayed behind me, but ran in front of me as I got closer to the carriage.

He opened the carriage door for me and I smiled, "After you m'lady." I hopped into the carriage and took a seat next to Katherine. Damon sat across from me and next to Stefan.

~~~

We were at the Lockwood mansion. We were all getting out of the car when Stefan held out his hand for...Katherine. He wasn't mine so I couldn't be mad but he was my date. Then again before coming here Damon was acting like my date.

Stefan and Katherine walked in before us. "I thought I was her date," Damon said to me with a hint of sadness in his tone.

"I thought so too."

"Well nevermind them, you pretty lady can be my date," he didn't show his sadness, but I knew it was there. His compliments were sweet I'll tell you that. He turned to me and held out his hand for me. I smiled and followed him in.

Inside, Katherine and Stefan were doing the traditional dance. Their hands were close together but not touching and they twirled and spun around. Katherine genuinely looked so happy, I just kinda wish it wasn't with MY date.

I was just standing there looking at them, Damon left, I have no clue where he went.

The music flowed into one ear and out the other. It was an interesting tune.

All of a sudden, Damon came back and stood by my side. He let out his hand again and said, "may I have this dance?"

"I can't dance," I simply replied. That was a lie, I loved dancing. Long ago, when my family was still alive, my brother and I would always practice dancing for the town's ball that happened once a year.

Everyone in the town would gather at the center and we would have a small celebration, for what? I'm not sure. I think for fun. There would be music and food and drinks. Girls wore their prettiest dresses, which wasn't very fancy, and boys wore something that wasn't dirty and didn't have scratches.

"I can't either but might as well try." I nodded and I walked in front of him. As we were walking, Damon accidentally stepped on my gown, making me stumble. I fell right into Stefan's arms, which was nice I guess, till he fell into the food table. How embarrassing.

"So sorry Elizabeth. Are you okay?" Damon rushed over to me and helped me up. He took out his hankie and gave it to me. I was a bit angry to be honest.

I turned around, "I'm sorry Stefan." He was covered with the pastries and some leftovers that weren't finished.

"It's alright," he replied, "I think we should go home now though." I agreed with him and turned to look at Damon. He looked ready to go too. Katherine was upset that we were leaving early but she understood.

———————————————————————
Words: 922

A/N: I'm kinda trying to rush the 1864 act cause I kinda wanna get into the 2010 act already