Ch.12: What I was afraid of

I was sitting in my room, till I heard loud footsteps rushing up the stairs. It felt a little bit like deja vu.

And that's when I realized...
The nightmare! It reminded me of the nightmare.

I wanted to go out of my room to check on Katherine but I was scared. Before I knew it, I was on the ground with my knees to my chest and my hands hugging my knees. I was helpless. I was afraid. But I wasn't doing anything about it.

~~~

Stefan's POV:

I wasn't sure with Katherine was doing at the moment. But I saw those veins under her eyes. And those fangs. She was a monster. Before I knew it, she started sucking blood from my neck.

But after a few sips, it looked as if she was starting to choke. Choke on my blood.

I was about to go get help till she passed out on the floor. I still got out and started calling out for my father.

He came up immediately and looked shocked when he saw Katherine on the ground then his eyes landed on my neck. He saw the bite mark and the blood dripping from it. I quickly covered it with my hand.

"I knew it," was all he said. He started calling for people, I don't know who, and lots of men started coming up the stairs, including Damon.

They grabbed her and put some I'm guessing chains with bars on her mouth. She was still passed out and it was dark outside. I don't know what to do. I felt frozen in place. Damon, on the other hand, immediately rushed to Katherine's rescue. "What are you guys doing to her?" He yelled at them, "put her down!"

"Not now son," father said to him as he pushed him up against the wall when Damon tried to approach Katherine, "stay out of the way!"

They lifted her up and carried her out of the room. I wanted to follow them, but Damon grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to face him. "What have you do?"

"I-I didn't do anything," I stuttered, "S-She just p-passed out." That's when I remembered Elizabeth. What about her? Is she like Katherine? No she can't be, she's the sweetest person I have met. There's no way they're the same. I hope not. That would mean I would've been fucking around with two monsters, not just one.

I pushed past Damon and walked straight into her room.

~~~

Elizabeth's POV:

The footsteps disappear after a while. But Stefan barged into my room. He looked like he needed to ask me something, maybe he finally knows.

He saw me just sitting there, with a frightened scared look. "Are you like her? Like Katherine?" He questioned, "are you a monster?"

Those words cut me so much deeper than a stake. I know I was a monster, I know I couldn't fix myself, I know when my secret is out the people I care about won't be so loving anymore. I knew all of that. I knew the risks. But why did it still hurt when he said it? Why did I continue to fall for him?

I nodded silently and turned my head. I was ashamed of who I was. I didn't want to look him in the eyes.

"You need to get out of here now!"

Just as he said that, Damon came into the room. He came running towards me and pulled me in for a hug. "I don't care what you are but you need to leave before they come after you too."

With that being said, I could hear the footsteps again. "Get the other girl, she's one of them too." The voice got louder and louder. The steps came closer and closer.

Damon grabbed a nearby vase and threw it at the window while Stefan was holding the door shut. I could see the men trying to break the door down. Stefan was getting weak. I was really hoping this wouldn't happen, but it did.

Not because of Klaus, because of Katherine...

———————————————————————
Words: 686
A/N: working on the next chapter...trying to update a lot before school's starts