Ch.9: A kiss

Night fell, I was outside, looking up at the stars. The breeze chilled down my spine. I wrapped myself with a small white cloth that only covered half of my arm. I didn't mind though, the stars were worth it. I just blanked out in my thoughts right there.

What happens if that dream was a warning? I mean after all they did figure out about vervain, so my dream coming true is not exactly impossible like Katherine says.

What would come of my life? Yeah sure, I have spent part of my human life without Katherine, like 21 years to be exact. I was happy, but that was when I was with my family. Especially my brother, he was my best friend, before Katherine obviously. I don't remember what happened to my family, but that's in the past and I need to forget about it.

Will I have to run for the rest of my life? I hope not. Katherine and I have been running from some lunatic named Niklaus. I don't know who he is nor do I care. All I know is he's the reason Katherine and I had to flee my hometown. And I hate him for that because I have no idea what happened to my family and nor was I able to say goodbye.

"Hey what's going on in that pretty mind of yours?" Said a voice from behind me. A voice too familiar.

"Evening Mr. Salvatore," I replied in a formally manner even though Stefan didn't like when I did that.

"First, call me Stefan," he assured, "second, I have watched you stare and stand here for quite some time, looks like something is bothering you."

I felt sorry for him. I wanted to tell him what Katherine has been up to with him and his brother, but I didn't have the guts. Katherine was my best friend and my only family now even if we aren't blood-related just in the same sireline, and no way was I gonna choose love over family.

They'd take her away the second I tell Stefan and he runs to his father, frightened and afraid.

I wanted to change the subject, so I did, "Looks like you and Katherine are getting quite close."

He smiled and just laughed. "She's beautiful, but she seems more attracted to my dearest brother."

Oh maybe he did know about Katherine and Damon, just not the whole vampire part. "Oh well apologies."

"It's alright," he signed, "I still have you right." His smile came back. He grabbed my hand and held it tight.

My cheeks felt hot. I was blushing, hopefully he didn't notice though. My insides jumped in happiness, but some part of me just realize, maybe I'm a rebound. Since Damon has Katherine, Stefan's alone. And what do you know, I'm here, single and available.

I pushed that thought aside, "of course Stefan, I'll always be here for you...and your brother."

I felt like those words hurt him cause he pulled his hand away and took a step away from me. "Oh" was all he said.

I didn't mean it like that. Damon has become like my brother. I felt like could tell him anything, except the whole vampire part. But I never did. But never in a million years would I be attracted to him. And I'm pretty sure he felt the same. He would always talk to me about his feelings for Katherine and how she's so beautiful, how he wondered how he survived without her. I was his therapy buddy.

"Wait Stefan," I took a step closer to him and grabbed his hand, "I didn't mean it like that. I meant I will always be here for the both of you as a friend." That didn't feel right either.

"So you only see me as a friend," he smirked a bit at my nervousness.

I decided to be a bit confident right about now, "depends on how you see me," I blurted out.

"I think you're a special girl. You're beautiful, smart, talented, and best of all, one of a kind." He took a steps closer to me till there wasn't much space between us. He was looking down at me while I was looking up. We were holding each other, hand in hand. I could feel his breath on mine. "Do you mind?" He asked while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

I shook my head no. I could feel butterflies in my stomach cause of his touch. "Good," he grinned. He let go of my hands and placed them on my cheeks. He spent no time sealing the space between us. I felt his soft red lips on mine and I was happy.

I moved my hands around his neck as he moved his hands to my waist and pulled me closer. After we pulled away, he grabbed my hand and we both went inside.

———————————————————————
Words: 824
A/N: I'll work on the next chapter right now and hopefully get it up by next week or this weekend. Good night/morning beautiful readers!!