SS-Ayanokoji Kiyotaka-Mundane

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka PoV

Everything was all so simple. It was plain. Just so.. mundane. My life was a blank slate. Things just come and go. Life goes on. Nothing else. And yet, here there I was, full of curiousity.

You could say that I lacked the emotion to show it.

The White Room, the facility where I "grew" up in. Nothing over there was particularly interesting. Training regimens, academic curriculums. My time there was boring, to say the least. I doubt anyone would want to listen to my story.

"What's outside these white walls?"

It was a frequent question I heard from the other "students" of the White Room. I didn't mind them. But, I couldn't deny that I was curious too.

"What does it feel like, is it free?"

"Is it all white?"

"One day, we're going to go outside there! together! All of us!"

I didn't hear back from a lot of them. No. I didn't hear back from all of them. They were all defective, after all. I didn't see the point of keeping them in that place if I had no use for them in the end.

Years passed. I was the only one left. The best of my generation. The instructors called me names.

Masterpiece.

Demon of The 4th Generation.

Monster.

The Sole Survivor.

I was alone.

Not like I minded it, though. Nothing really mattered.

But even after completing my compulsory education, I was still, for some reason, ever so curious of what the world outside was like.

Would I truly be free?

Could I feel what others feel?

Those questions kept on lingering. Taking shelter in the deepest corners of my mind. I couldn't forget about it.

"Advanced Nurturing High School."

It piqued my interest. I overheard a conversation between that man and another person named Sakayanagi while I was given the green flag to wander around the facility. It seems like he was the chairman of the so-called school I heard.

"Enroll him there."

Me? What exactly would I learn there? I've completed my compulsory education. There's nothing else for me to learn. I would've questioned the chairman's demands for me to enroll there as well.

"No. Kiyotaka has no need to go there. There's nothing that your school can offer to my Masterpiece. Not even a single speck of knowledge."

Coincidences can be freaky.

I thought of the same thing. Until the chairman continued.

"He can. And it's something that this facility can never offer."

Huh?

"Hoh? And what exactly is that?"

"Emotion. And a taste of freedom."

What? Emotion? Freedom? I could have those?

I intently listened in on their conversation. I checked to see if I ever had the chance.