𝟎𝟎𝟏𝟗

My gaze shifted from one Autobot to another as they discussed the events of the previous day of my capture. All the Autobots gathered around, while I sat on the edge of the platform of the human area by the stairs.

Optimus turned to me, his optics reflecting concern.

"Ember," Optimus began, his voice deep and reassuring, "do you have any insight into why the Decepticons kidnapped you?"

He asked me this once, but I knew I had to play along. Optimus was just getting the facts straight, even though there was nothing more to tell. 

My expression flickered, the memories of my ordeal still haunting my thoughts. I took a moment to collect myself, summoning courage. "I don't know," I replied. "All I know is that they locked me up and hurt me, with the sole intention of killing me."

Arcee interjected, her blue optics narrowing in confusion. "It doesn't make sense," she said. "Even Shockwave, the Decepticons' logical strategist, would question the logic behind kidnapping a human child who serves no purpose to them."

Beside Arcee, Bumblebee emitted a series of beeps and whirrs. I glanced at Raf, who I learned had become proficient in translating Bumblebee's intricate language.

Raf stepped forward, eyes fixed on Bumblebee. "Bee says maybe they wanted to use Ember as leverage against us," he translated. "But it still doesn't explain why they would go to such lengths."

I bit my lip, mind racing with possibilities. 

Why had I become the target of the Decepticons' ruthless attack? 

The answer eluded me, leaving a lingering sense of dread. The Autobots, too, were left pondering the mystery, their metallic brows furrowed in deep contemplation.

My thoughts raced. I knew I had powers, unique abilities that made me a target, but why me? Why now?

Then, it struck me—Bitstream. He was the sole reason behind this. Ever since I agreed to meet up with him in exchange for Autobot intelligence, he doublecrossed me and it ended in my capture. I also remembered him mentioning that he was a Decepticon Information Engineer; his chilling words about tracking me down resonated in my memory. Bitstream had hacked my phone, infiltrated my computer, and trolled my online life. It all made sense now; he used every resource at his disposal to locate me. And bring me to Megatron.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I processed the gravity of the situation. It wasn't just about my powers; it was about something deeper, something that made me a valuable asset to the Decepticons.

"He must have made a deal with someone," I clenched my fists, a mixture of anger and fear bubbling inside me as I muttered to myself. "That's the only way they could have known about me blasting Megatron's troops. Someone on the inside."

"I knew something was wrong when Ember didn't show up at the base a day ago."

I turned to Jack, snapping out of my thoughts as my eyes widened in disbelief. "A day?" I repeated.

Smokescreen, leaning on a wall, confirmed my fears, saying, "Yeah. You were out for that long. Sorry to break it to ya, Em."

My shoulders slumped, the weight of the lost time sinking in. Miko, empathetic as ever, placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. A whole day? I thought. A whole 24 hours were wasted. A whole 24 hours of valuable information lost. 

"Megatron's getting bolder, having his Vehicons do the dirty work for him," Wheeljack sneered, turning to Optimus. "Ol' Buckethead must've been asking for a chance to get bested by my blades had he done any permanent damage to her,"