𝟎𝟎𝟏𝟎

Agent William Fowler was a man of dark complexion, wearing an Oxford blue suit and a stern expression etched onto his bold features, his jaw clenched in frustration. The elevator doors opened, as he strode with purpose.

I pressed my back against the cold metal wall by the elevator doors, blending into the shadows, literally. My scarlet hair cascaded down my shoulders, framing my face. Clad in a dark, form-fitting suit that seemed to absorb what little light there was, I took a deep breath, centering myself.

One of my powers, umbrakinesis, was one of my greatest allies—the ability to manipulate and become one with shadows. Closing my eyes, I focus on the sensations coursing through me. A shiver passed through my body, and an aura of darkness enveloped me. 

It was as if the shadows themselves responded to my call, embracing me like a long-lost friend. The world around me took on a different texture, a surreal quality where the lines between light and dark blurred. I felt weightless, untethered from my physical form, my existence blending seamlessly with the shadows that danced on the walls.

The elevator's soft chime echoed through the corridor, the elevator shutting behind Agent Fowler. My heart raced even faster, and I willed myself to become part of the shadow that stretched alongside the elevator door. My body seemed to liquefy, edges diffusing into the darkness until I was no more than a silhouette, a living embodiment of the very shadows that surrounded me.

"PRIME!" Fowler roared, the name echoing off the walls like thunder. 

My brows furrowed, and I strained to hear the rest of the conversation. I hadn't expected to stumble upon such a heated exchange. I watched as Fowler's face turned a shade darker, his fists clenching as he launched into his report.

"Collateral damage is through the roof, Prime," Fowler's voice crackled with frustration. "I've had it up to here with the Decepticons and their senseless destruction! Two weeks ago, they hit Reno, Nevada like a force of nature. Collateral damage? That's putting it mildly. Nine innocent people dead, and another fourteen injured, all because those Decepticon Air Brigade combat troops decided to swoop down from the damn sky and obliterate a corner store!"

My heart pounded in my chest as Fowler's words hung in the air. I knew exactly what he was talking about; the incident with the Decepticon fighter jets descending out of nowhere and wreaking havoc. That night had been all too real for me to want to have to let it go. It would stick with me forever, reminding me of everything that happened that one night—the magic, Miko almost getting killed, and the fact that it was actually Decepticons attacking me and not something or someone else. I still needed to figure out why they decided ambushing a human twice was at the back of their minds, but something was telling me there was more where that came from. 

I cling to the shadows, eyes wide with a mix of fear and determination, as I listen in on the other end of the conversation. My icy blue eyes caught onto my 'friends on the other side;' Jack, Miko, and Raf standing by each other matching the serious vibe of the base. 

"This is troubling news, Agent Fowler. We know we must ascertain their motives. Collateral damage of this magnitude is unacceptable." Optimus Prime's optics narrowed in concern as everyone else looked at each other. "I understand your anger and concern. The Autobots share your sentiment about the devastation caused by the Decepticons."

"You understand? Do you? Because it sure doesn't look like it! These attacks are happening more frequently, and we still have no idea why they're doing this. Fowler gripped the railing, raising his voice. "That's not all. Another attack, happened here, in Jasper, leading down to Carson City and the same thing happened. Decepticon troops lighting up the sky 24/7 in pursuit of trying to eradicate your loose cannon here, I assume," The agent looked at Wheeljack, who looked a little pissed, and so did everyone else, including me.