chapter 8

Arriving home I was greeted with Law waiting in the kitchen for me. He looked tired and really worn out.

"You look like shit."

Trying to glare I stopped and kept eye contact.

"That's exactly what a women wants to hear when she gets home. Thanks."

I went to walk passed him when he reached out and grabbed my arm.

"Sorry, I didnt mean it like that. Why do you look like you got beat up?"

Sighing I turned to face him fully now realizing he stood up and was right in front of me.

"They made me do a combat test today and it really took a kicker out of me. That's why I didnt get home until late so sorry for no food."

I wasn't lieing at all, I was beyond tired. I had used all my stored energy to heal myself just for me to drive myself home and not pass out.

"I'll make you something to eat, go take a shower and come back when your done."

Opening my mouth to protest I forgot this was Law I was talking to. He does not like to be ignored when giving an order, so I simply nodded and headed to my room. Slowly moving about I pulled out some soft shorts and realized that I haven't done laundry in a while as I had no clean oversized shirts to wear. Huffing I made my way back out of my room and into the kitchen. Law must have heard me enter as he turned around to face me from stirring a pot of I dont even know what.

"Why didnt you shower yet?"

I felt my face drop into a sad one as I said the following.

"I need to do laundry tomorrow so I have no shirts to wear for tonight."

I heard him sigh as he put the spoon down and came closer to stand in front of me. Grabbing a fork sitting on the table he placed for me he lifted his other hand in an upward motion.

"ROOM." A blue sphere surrounded the house entirely. "SHAMBLES."

Now instead of a fork was his dark blue long sleeved shirt that looked about one size bigger than me. Handing the shirt to me he turned me around and pushed me away from the kitchen.

"You can use my shirt for the night until you do laundry tomorrow. Go shower and come back, I dont want your dirty body ruining my shirt."

"Whatever you say mother."

I quickly went into my room as I heard him yell back.

"Dont call me that!"

Laughing I arrived in my room to quickly pull out some pj shorts. I was gonna grab a bra but I have been wearing one all day and I was so done. I grabbed a towel and went into my bathroom. Making sure the door was locked, I turned on the water and began to clean myself. Since my body is naturally warm I like to take colder showers and it felt really nice today. After about ten minutes I turned everything off and climbed out to dry myself. Making sure I was dry I put on Laws long shirt, my shorts and some black socks. I yawned as I made my way to the kitchen only to get excited for some onigiri that Law made.

"Oh, wow. I have never had this before." I sat at the table that had a plate in front of it filled with them. "Why is there so many?"

Looking at Laws back I waited for him to answer since he was cleaning up his dishes.

"You probably didnt eat all day and you need to have your nutrition. So eat up and whatever you dont eat, you can have tomorrow again."

He never once turned around still fixated on getting the dishes done. Shrugging my shoulders I began munching on my food.