Chapter Two

Pete's world collapsed and his jaw dropped. Everybody around him gasped and the murmuring started to be heard.

"You're... you're just kidding right?" Pete helplessly asked as his lips trembled and his eyes began to blurry.

Vegas looked at him with such coldness.

It was the old Vegas.

Pete can definitely see the old Vegas with his cold expression.

"Who are you? Macau! Why are you sitting far away?"

Pete stood up, takes a step backward and let Macau replace him. He can only stare at the floor aimlessly.

Did he just forget about him?

"Vegas. This is not a good time for a joke." Kinn said at his cousin.

"Do you think I'm kidding?" Vegas angrily asked. "Why are there so many unfamiliar faces here?"

So he really did forgot about him.

In the end, it wasn't just him whom Vegas cannot remember. Vegas can remember the name of Porsche, Arm, Pol by their names but can't recognize about who are they. While his cousins and brother, he can still remember them.

But on Pete... Vegas cannot remember anything about him and he can't recognize him. As if the memories and image of him was instantly deleted in Vegas brain.

While another laboratory test was being conducted, Pete stayed at the rooftop of the hospital. He close his eyes and feel the cold air swaying his black hair.

"Why?" He asked himself and the tears roll on to his cheeks.

Above all people, why did Vegas totally forgot about him?

Pete's friends were remembered but not recognized but in Pete's situation; he wasn't existing at all. He was deleted instantly.

"Ai Pete!"

Someone appeared behind him. It was Khun.

Khun was about to throw a round of mouths again but stopped when he saw Pete crying.

"Young Master... Khun..." Pete couldn't finish his sentence and immediately ran towards the young master for a hug.

This time, Khun didn't complain like a child or insulted him. Khun hugged him back.

"Why? Why did he forgot about me?" Pete asked and cried. "That's unfair!" He exclaimed.

Pete thought he can finally tell Vegas that he loves him and he's willing to stay by his side as what Vegas has requested before he run away.

"Are you already loosing hope?" He heard Khun asked him. "Stop crying! You're so brave to leave me for him and now you're crying."

Pete stayed hugging Khun. His shoulders are so heavy; carrying both sadness and burden on him.

Pete wanted to ask the universe why. He just cannot process on his brain on why is he the only person Vegas completely forgets about. He's jealous on his friends that Vegas can slightly remember.

After half an hour, Pete decided to return with Khun. Khun has been silent and didn't cause any scenes.

"Phi Pete." Macau was standing outside waiting for him.

"Khun Macau."

"Are you stealing Pete from me? You too?" Khun boldly asked Macau.

"Phi Khun. I don't have time to fight with you." Macau said and his exhaustion was visible on his face. "Dr. Top is probably looking for you so please, let me talk to Phi Pete."

Hearing Dr. Top's name, Khun immediately flew a way like a fly and squirming like a worm.

"What is it Khun Macau?"

"Just calle Nong. Nop told me that you're the most important person for my brother."

"And I'm the only person he totally cannot remember." Pete added with bitterness in his voice.

"Phi Vegas suffered from head injury and trauma before the accident. His memory might be messed up because of that. But I believe that Phi will remember you sooner or later." Macau assured him.

"Will he really gain his memory back? Or I will be not existing in his memory forever?"

Pete already understood the situation of Vegas. Amnesia can be temporary or permanent. He also knew that he should not force Vegas to remember everything. His body needs to heal.

"Do you think Phi Vegas will forever forget about you?" Macau said with a smile. "As far as Nop told me, my brother forgets everybody's existence because of you."

Pete's face blushed. "That's not true."

"Phi. I know you love my brother and Phi Porche told me that you chose my brother over the Main Family, over Khun and the person who helped you. I am very thankful that finally... someone finally genuinely chose my brother." He said.

Pete can only smile.

"Phi, can you help me take care of my brother? By that, maybe he can remember things as soon as possible." Macau suggested.

"Yes, Khun Macau." Pete accepted the offer.

It was the only thing Pete want to do right now. He wants to take care of Vegas for his fast recovery. Pete just wanted to move on with Vegas by his side.

He will patiently wait for Vegas to remember him or he will be willing to create another memories with him.

"Don't call me Khun, Phi Pete. After all, you already belong to our family." Macau says calmly.

The main Family finally allowed Pete to take care of Vegas. If he needs to be at the hospital for twenty four , seven then he will be.

"Vegas..." Pete called his name. "Khun Vegas." He repeated.

The image of Vegas reading a book pains Pete so much. First, when he was in Vegas captivity he will usually disturb Vegas when he's reading a book and second, the image of the person who usually tease him was not talking to him.

"It's time to drink your medicines." He went near Vegas and silently handed him almost five pills to drink.

Vegas placed the book on his lap and drank all of the medicines.

Pete held his tears when he saw what Vegas has been reading since morning. Macau brought all of the books Vegas had in their home.

It was the book with blood types that Vegas brought for him. Pete left the book at the Minor Family. Seeing the book he used to bug Vegas made him cry.

"Why do you look like you're always crying?" Vegas asked and look at him with cold eyes.

Pete startled that he cannot even look at him properly. "N-Nothing." He said and sat at the couch.

He wanted to hit Vegas face multiple times hoping that he will gain his memory back. Vegas continued reading while Pete kept on stealing glances.

Pete wanted to cry a lot, hug Vegas a lot and ask if he can really stay by his side. Pete bit his lower lip; stopping himself from speaking and doing pointless things.

"You."

"Yes?" Pete immediately answered.

"Why are you always here?" Vegas asked him.

Because you told me to never leave your side.

"..." Pete didn't answer.

"You can go home." Vegas told him.

"Huh? Why?"

"You're not part of the Minor Family then why are you here?" Vegas asked again, looking at him as if Pete is a spy that will create destruction to the Minor Family.

"Nong Macau told me to look after you," Pete said.

"Then you don't have to. You can leave."

"But..."

"Leave now. I don't really need you."

For a million times, Pete's heart was shattered again.