Chapter Ten

The moment Vegas saw how Pete's lips pressed on to that woman, he didn't think even a second and turns around.

He just can't take that view and he doesn't want to make fool of himself and watch.

Vegas mind turns into semi conscious.

Vegas started to walk away with his feet heavy. As if every steps he takes, a knife has been constantly stabbing his heart and his head was being hit by stones.

It just pain his heart and he can evenly physically feel the pain.

Vegas doesn't know where to look at until he felt his phone rang.

He picked up the phone with his hands trembling as he clenched his fist in both anger and frustration.

"What? Did you find him?!" It was the cheerful voice of Thankhun.

"I'm going home." Vegas replied and immediately cut the phone call.

Vegas wanted to explode in anger that he might turn that girl into dust but if Pete really like her, who is he to interfere?

Vegas remembered.

He doesn't even have the right to tell Pete what to do. After all, they are neither official nor lovers.

Maybe Pete got tired of waiting for him and found that woman. Or maybe Pete just pitied him and Macau that he stayed yet he also wanted to live his life.

It could be a good thing, Vegas said to himself. Maybe Pete wanted to start all over again in this island.

"Vegas! Vegas!" A familiar voice called him from afar.

Vegas clenched his fist tighter and started to walk faster without even looking back.

That voice that he miss so much was so familiar that he's starting to be afraid of himself. Vegas is afraid that when he look at Pete, he might do bad things to that woman just to get Pete back.

"Vegas!" Pete still calls his name. "Stop! Where are you going?! Damn! Stop there bastard!"

Vegas held his tears and composed himself. He then turns and the moment his eyes laid of him was also the moment Vegas felt his world collapsed.

He just felt to weak after looking at Pete.

Vegas tried his very best to look calm but he's heart knew that he only wanted is to run and hug Pete.

"Vegas..." Pete said and catches his breath. "Why are you here?"

"I will be leaving. I probably disturbed the moment." Vegas said bitterly. "Please continue on what you're doing." He said with all sarcasm.

"No! No! That's now what you think!" Pete said and takes a few steps forward but Vegas immediately walked a little backward.

Vegas can only look at him with such sadness and disappointment. While Pete, looks afraid and tired after chasing him.

"Vegas. Do you remember me?" Pete asked softly hoping for an answer.

Vegas just gave him a slight nod. "I guess I came to late." He said and smile.

In the eyes of Pete, he can clearly see Vegas eyes were sparkling but not because of happiness but because of the tears he tried holding. That smile was so fake that Pete can easily say it is.

"No. No. I'm happy that you can remember me." Pete said with a smile and with all relief.

Vegas only looks at him with coldness. "You're girlfriend is probably waiting for you."

Pete then looked at Nong Pear who's looking at them with her eyebrows raised as if she is examining the two.

"No. She's not my girlfriend. What you saw is just a mistake!"