Chapter Nine

Vegas woke up and the first thing he saw was the white ceiling of the hospital. He squinted his eyes for a few more times to finally adjust to the light.

"Phi? Phi?" He heard Macau calls him.

"Why are we here?" Vegas asked and attempted so sit properly.

Macau assisted him and exhaled in relief. Vegas thought Macau was exhaling all of the carbon dioxide he had in his body.

"Phi. Does your head hurt?" Macau asked.

"No." Vegas normally answered that made Macau look at him suspiciously.

Vegas roam his eyes around the private room of the hospital. Why is he even here?

"I've called Dr. Top and he will be here in a few moments. You're amnesia might been triggered this morning."

Vegas gave his brother a confused look. "Amnesia? When did the hell I had that?"

Macau widened his eyes and cupped his brothers cheeks. "Did your memory got worse?" Macau asked in panic.

Vegas can only remove the hands of his brother. "Of course not. What are you saying?"

"Phi! You had amnesia for several weeks now." Macau said. He is frightened that his brother didn't just had amnesia but his short term memory is also having problems.

"Amnesia? I can even remember everything." Vegas argued back.

"What do you mean?"

"The confrontation of the Main and Minor Family happened today, right?"

"Fucking hell!" Macau exclaimed. "You remember it?!"

"I didn't forgot about it."

Vegas was still wondering on how his brother was behaving. Macau can only smile widely and hug his brother.

"I'm glad you're back Phi." Macau said.

Even though he is clueless, he still hug Macau back.

Vegas tries to recall the events that happened during the confrontation. He knew his father died in the hands of its own older brother.

Vegas remembers that he tries to ran away and at the end of what he can remember, he heard Pete's voice calling his name.

"Pete..." Vegas looked at Macau who's now peeling apples. "Where's Pete?"

Vegas remembers that Pete tried to chase after him but it was too late for him to stop.

"Do you remember him now, Phi?" Macau asked.

"Why would I forget about him?" Vegas asked. "Where is he? Is he okay? Did something happened to him during that day?" He asked without any pause.

Did Pete really ran after him? Did he got tired calling for his name? Is he waiting for him to come back?

Those were the questions Vegas had in his mind.

"Phi Vegas... Phi Pete ..."

"Hi Khun Vegas."

Even before Macau can explain, Dr. Top entered followed by a nurse.

"Macau. Where is he?" Vegas didn't even care about the existence of the doctor who just came.

"I'll tell you later Phi."

In the end, Vegas finally regains his memories. However, the days he had amnesia was also the days he forgot about.

Dr. Top can only convinced Vegas that he had amnesia for several weeks and can only depend on medication.

After Dr. Top check on his other vitals and schedule him for another check up, Khun entered together with Arm and Pol.