Chapter Five

Pete would go to Vegas room from time to time. He would check his condition, wound and he can still stand by himself.

He also noticed that Vegas would look at him with both of his eyebrows furrowed as if Vegas has been questioning his whole existence.

As a person like Pete, he wouldn't mind if Vegas will not talk to him. Seeing Vegas eating and resting is enough for him. He is also not rampant and would scroll to the books he had inside.

Pete guess it is enough for now... not to be remembered but was not being pushed to go away.

Vegas eyes remained darted on a notebook he got from his locked cabinet.

It was a diary... more like to be random written entries...

by him.

As he is doing his best to remember, there are only few written notes about how he hates his father, his cousins, the jealousy that swallowed him. Those entries were like a compilation of all the bitterness he had since growing up.

Most of the written pages were all angst, written in madness, with all anger and cursed.

However, the next few pages were all about that one person.

The way he write about his day became different.

"Why do I keep writing about him?" Vegas asked himself and read the next page.

In a span of two weeks, the only person he keeps talking about in a small diary he kept is the person named Pete.

Even Vegas couldn't believe that most of what he wrote was admiration towards him.

"Did I just kidnapped him?" Vegas asked himself.

There was a written text that says he kept Pete to revenge. He wanted to play with Kinn so he kept the bodyguard.

He also wrote about doing nasty things to Pete that even in his sleep hunts him. He wrote everything he did, from beating, punching and even... raping him.

"Then why did he stay?" Vegas asked himself.

Vegas has read about letting Pete go and how Pete hated him. He already gave him a chance to leave and escape hell... then why is Pete inside his house and has been monitoring his state?

For Vegas, he doesn't know anything about Pete for now. He only have clues.

He kidnapped him and eventually... fell in love.

At the end part, he was filled with confusion. Did he really liked him? Do Pete hated him until now? Why is he here?

Vegas wanted his questions to be answered. With his hand still in cast and his limping leg, he tried to walk towards door.

"Phi?"

Macau entered his room.

"Where is Pete?"

Macau smiled at him. "He's in the next room, Phi."

Vegas didn't wait for Macau and entered the room where Pete is sleeping. He was on his bed, quietly sleeping.

Vegas went near at the end of the bed and was about to wake Pete up but he heard him murmured.

"W-Why?"

Is talking on his sleep?

Vegas looked at Pete who's now pouting followed by a sob.

Is he just crying now?

Vegas bent a little and saw tiny teardrops on Pete's cheeks.

He unconsciously wiped away the tears to calm him down.

"Vegas..." Pete called his name while sleeping. "Vegas... Don't ...leave."

He didn't left at all.

Vegas impulsively replied. "I won't."

When Vegas noticed that Pete was in deep sleep, he managed to cover him with a blanket, wiped away his tears and slowly walked away.

Now he's confused on who he is.

He is the person he loves and also the person he is willing to let go.

How can Vegas understood everything if he cannot even remember him?

Pete woke up and went directly to Vegas room. He had set an alarm just to make sure that Vegas will take his medication.

While Vegas was drinking the medicines, Nop entered the room carrying a tray of food.

Pete's lips twitched when he saw what will Vegas eat. A salad and slices of fruits.

"Don't you have any rice?" Pete whispered to Nop.

Nop looked at him. "No, you will also eat spaghetti for lunch." Nop teased him.

"Hey! Don't you even have rice?" Pete asked. "And curry?"

"We have."

Both of them didn't even mind the look Vegas was giving them.

"Then I will eat that."

"No hahaha. You'll eat spaghetti and bread like before."

"I'm not his captive anymore!"

Both Pete and Nop zipped their mouth in shock. Pete couldn't even believe that he said that.

Dead air was felt and they both look at Vegas.

"Is it true that I kidnapped you?" Vegas asked.

"Did you remember?" Pete asked back.

Nop then silently left the room even before he can witness the chaos.

"No." Vegas replied. "But I wrote something about you."

Pete's heart melted. When did Vegas liked to write things about?

"What do you want me to do?" Pete asked seriously.

If Vegas has wrote about him, then he probably knew what happened.

Did he even write about loving me?

Pete wanted to laugh at himself from asking that question.

"You said you wanted to ran away and escape the hell I put you through." Vegas said coldly.

Yes. Pete wanted to escape... before.

"Vegas..."

"Don't you think it will be better if you  leave?" Vegas asked him.

"Why do you keep asking me to leave?!" Pete raised his voice to him.

Vegas shrugged. "Do you want to stay with someone who can't even remember you?!"

"Then let's create memories again!" Pete answered immediately.

His shoulders were shaking. His eyes are blurry.

Pete is willing to take all the risk for him.

"No. I'm giving you the freedom you wanted, Pete." Vegas then looked at him with sincere eyes. "I have read that I want to let you go. Maybe that's the best thing, let's just move on with our own lives."

Pete then stared at the notebook on Vegas lap. If his feelings were written in there, does it mean, before the accident; Vegas already want the both of them to move on and not meet again?

Pete looked up, trying his best not to cry in front of him.

"Why?" Pete asked once again hoping for an answer- a clear answer.

"I've caused you damage. Now, it's much better if you leave."

"But you want me to stay!"

"You can't stay with someone who cannot even remember anything about you!"

Pete then stared at Vegas. He bit his lower lip and held his breath.

"You're still an asshole!" Pete cursed and walked away.

So....It's much better to leave than to stay, isn't?