Chapter Eight

Pete sigh deeply, narrowed his eyes and tried to take a look at the horizon.

The sun is finally setting as the sky turns into the hues of purple and pink. The waves of the sea was calm giving everybody a message that there is nothing to worry about.

Going home is probably a good thing. He had managed to meet his grandparents once again and lied that he's here for a vacation.

Pete messed his black hair in frustration. He was hoping that somebody will follow him.

Stupid of him to wait for Vegas to come.

"But if he's here..." He mumbled.

Vegas may like the calm view of the ocean or the sunset that assures those who sees it that there is another chance tomorrow.

Even though he went far away and went back to the island, his heart was left to the man who lives in a luxury mansion at Bangkok.

Pete was willing to create memories together with him... again. He is willing to take every risk that will be on his way. But seeing Vegas, he was confused.

Does he really love me?

Or maybe it was just a fantasy and Vegas succeed to make him want more.

Maybe Khun was right after all.

Maybe Vegas just like the attention he had given him before that made him say those I love you's. And now that he lost his memory... How can he remember someone he never really liked?

Pete bit his lower lip, holding his tears while believing those silly conclusions he made up on his mind.

For him, it is easier to think about excuses than to be slapped by the reality.

Pete fell hard that he knew that his heart was already owned by Vegas. He can't even get him out of his head no matter how far he will go.

"Phi Pete?"

Pete shook his head and turn around to look at the person who just called him.

"Nong Pear?" Pete called the person who's now standing in front of him.

There is a petite woman, with her long dark hair with gray highlights and tan skin. She's radiating beauty and sweetness with her white dress and a flower tuck on her ear.

Pete can remember her. She was the junior at the same high school he attended to. It's just, Pete was a year older than her.

"Oh! I thought you forgot about me," Pear said shyly and tucked her hair behind her ear.

Pete can only smile. He remembered her because she was one of the girls who gave him chocolates during Graduation. Nong Pear will usually give him free snacks when they were in high school and sometimes roses every Valentines.

Pete awkwardly laugh. "You're always familiar."

Pete saw how Nong Pear blushed and shyly hit his shoulder.

"Why are you here by the way?" Pete asked and looked around.

"I'm just talking a short walk and I saw someone familiar and it's you." Pear said. "You came back from Bangkok, Phi Pete?"

"Yes."

"Then Phi Pete, do you want to eat something?"

"Ha?" Pete asked in surprise.

"The last time I saw you was when you graduated. There is a small cottage over there that sells sweet and sour pork, Phi Pete. I'll treat you." Pear energetically said and wrapped her hand around Pete's shoulder.