Chapter 4

Alessia

I rev my engine as my car blasts 'superstar' by saliva.
This was going to be a piece of cake.

"Okay ladies, on your mark"

I rev my engine louder

"Go!"

The sound of screeching tires fills my ears as I race past the start line. I look through my rear view mirror to see blondie not far behind.

I laugh knowing that she'll slow down once we hit the corners.

As the tight turn appears I smoothly drift my car around and pick my speed up again.

As I predicted blondie could not drift and was definitely not a smooth driver, which now left her far behind. In the distance I could hear the crowd cheering loudly as I approached the start line again for the second lap.

Noah

I watch intensely as Alessia raced around that track so effortlessly. Alessia has always been a really good driver and was now earning big bucks for it.

"Wow, she's even better than you Brett. Do you think she'll want to come to the party after this at my place?"

I clench my fists around the railing, hearing a group of guys talking about Alessia. I try and ignore them by focusing on the track, seeing that Alessia was about to win and we could get the fuck out of here.

"Dude you should totally invite her, I heard she doesn't mind company if you know what I mean"
One of them says, making them all laugh.

Don't do it Noah, just focus on the cars. Don't engage with those fuck faces even if you want to pound their heads in.

"Hell, maybe we could even share her" they laugh again.

Oh fuck it

"Will you shut the fuck up" I said as I turned around to face them.

"What are you going to do about it punk? What are you, her boyfriend or something?" one of them yells

I take a few steps towards them as stare down at the three of them.

"If you knew what was best, you would stop talking and get out of here" I fumed

"Does it make you mad when I mention that the
Alessia Bianchi will be in my bed tonight?" He smirks.

I immediately lunge towards him and knock him to the ground, his two friends standing there shocked.
He groans painfully as i grab his collar and slam his head into the rocky pavement.
I raise up my fist then slam it back down into the side of his face repeatedly. His face now unrecognisable.

"Don't you dare ever talk about women like that, especially Alessia. Didn't your mother ever teach you respect?" I spat at him.

The crowd around us was now silent and staring at me with wide eyes.

I look down towards the track seeing that the race was over and looked liked it ended a while ago.
I saw Alessia march up the wooden stairs and grab me by the collar.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She screams at me
"You know you can't get in trouble again, they'll lock you up with no hesitation this time!"

I try to find the words to explain what just happened but nothing came out.
I saw tears gather up in her eyes as guilt washes over me.

"I can't lose you again Noah." She cries

"Aww would you look at that, the bitch and her pup"
The bloodied up man on the ground says.

Alessia turned around at the sound of his voice and balled up her fist punching him straight in the nose.

"Ah! Fuck, what is wrong with you people!"
He shouts out while holding his now broken nose.

It was my turn to smirk now. That was the Alessia I recognised.

But the guilt of what she said didn't leave my body. She knows how sorry I am for making the stupid mistakes I did that day to get caught, which resulted in me having to go to juvie and leaving Alessia behind all by herself.

As we walked down to the track I tightened my arm around Alessia's shoulder.

"So I'm guessing that was an easy race then?" I asked

"Yeah, she was still on her first lap when I was on my third" she answered

She pulls out the wad of cash she just won and flashes it in my face

"I'll race you for double this" she said excitedly, still waving it around.

"Maybe one day baby" I shake my head and laugh at her.