Chapter 26

A/N: Um hello? Apparently its been almost a year? I stumbled over wattpad again bc i was bored and was like "okay ill read my fics" and apparently i never finished this one? And its been finished on my google docs forever now? Jesus

Amelia massaged her temples. Umbridge of all people. Umbridge! No matter how much Lucius pressed for her discharge, she was always still there!

And why Dumbledore wanted her here, Amelia had no idea.

She was trying to stop anyone from learning magic too!

And Amelia had to be her assistant!

Then, a plan started to form in Amelia's head. If Umbridge wouldn't let the kids do magic, then they wouldn't go to her class. She would set up a secret classroom during Umbridge's class times (Only a few kids at a time so as to not raise suspicion. And she would be in Umbridge's class half the time too) for kids to learn magic.

Thank goodness Amelia wasn't a real teacher at the moment.

But first, she had to help out with History of Magic.

Well, help out. More like take control of.

"So," Amelia said, after shushing everyone up (Not Binns, he didn't even notice her talking) "It has come to my attention that this class is horrible— don't listen to Binns at the moment!— so I'm going to be teaching History. We're going to start with...Voldemort's reign."

There were varied reactions to the name.

"According to a very prominent figure at the moment, 'Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.' Anyway, I was kidding. We're starting with Grindelwald."

She waved her hand and a packet of papers were suddenly in front of each student.

"Take this, annotate it, and get me two feet of parchment on it by the next class. Oh, and don't give me that look. You guys are fifteen! Any muggleborn would know that two feet is less than three pages and you do three pages of an essay when you're twelve. It'll be easy! Start."

Grubbly-Plank wanted Amelia's help in her class and who was Amelia to decline a class bowtruckles?

That was, until she found out which year was in the class. Then, she wanted nothing to do with it.

"Everyone here? Let's crack on then — who can tell me what these things are called?"

Wilhelmina indicated to the bowtruckles. When Granger threw her hand in the air, just about everyone rolled their eyes.

They had to sketch the bowtruckles while Amelia sat down next to the other ones.

"So, they call you bowtruckles," she said in a low voice, "Would you rather be called that, or dryads?"

"Where's Hagrid?" asked Harry.

"Never you mind," said Willa, what everyone who knew her called her. Seriously though, Wilhelmina was kind of long.

"Maybe he's gotten himself injured," said Draco. Of course, he made sure not many people could hear him, but Amelia had great hearing, courtesy of being an Athena kid. Or any kind of demigod.

"Maybe you will if you don't shut up," said Harry out of the side of his mouth. Gryffindors. They don't know when someone's trying to help them. And they choose either the stupidest solution or the one in which they get the most hurt. But they were nice, and bold enough, so...

"OUCH!"

Harry had gripped the bowtruckle too hard, who, in turn, bit the boy, and scuttled off. But Amelia caught the dryad first and soothed it down.

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you. . . ."

"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.

Amelia wished Reggie was here to retort that one.

"...Can laugh! But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the CrumpleHorned Snorkack!"

That was Luna. And, of course, she was right.

"Well, they were right, weren't they?" said Granger impatiently. "There weren't any such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack."

Amelia sighed. Some people were a bit too narrow-minded. Of course, most muggle-borns were more open-minded than that because they, well, are witches or wizards and just start to accept everything, but there were always odd ones.

Many people were laughing.

Amelia sighed and went to follow Luna.

"Hold up, Madam Hooch," Amelia put a hand up, "Slow down! You're saying that...Okay, wow. I don't really know what to say to that. But I'll do it. Where are you going anyway?"

Madam Hooch smiled happily. "I've been chosen to referee Professional Quidditch games!"

"Well, good for you!" Amelia smiled, "I'll try to be as good a referee as you, Madam Hooch!"

"Call me Rolanda."

"Er, that'll be kind of hard, but call me Amelia."

"Well," Amelia said, "I'm surprised you all came. I guess nobody likes Umbridge."

"The Slytherins love her!" one of the Gryffindors shouted.

Amelia's eyes flashed dangerously. "People believe what they want, Mr. Abercrombie. The Slytherins are just playing it in their favor."

A few people coughed awkwardly.

"Okay, we're going to learn the jinx Flippendo," Amelia said, "You all are first years, I know, and this is a second year spell, but whatever. The wand movement is a slash over the target. I have a few targets for you to wand there were 4 targets set up.

"Groups of three, all of you."

Amelia wondered if she was being a bit too strict for the first years.

Oh well.

Harry and his friends were going to start a private and illegal club for people to learn DADA? Amelia only knew this because Sirius told her (Harry was more distant than ever to her) and that about half the school went to the Hog's Head two days ago. Really, Harry, try to find a way to be more obvious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------