Chapter 7

[

This: Normal

This: Letters

This: Memories

This: Godparent bond

This: Spells/Different Language (French unless stated otherwise) / Thoughts/ Emphasis

]

"Dumbledore!" Sirius spotted his old Headmaster and made his way over to him, "Thank you, by the way! I know it must have been hard for you to get all the evidence for my trial!"

Dumbledore visibly paled before regaining the twinkle in his eyes. "What do you mean, my boy?"

"Remus told me all the work you put into my trial and I am forever in your debt, Headmaster, I thank you!" Sirius, on the inside, was throwing up because this was so not what he wanted to say.

Dumbledore internally grinned. Black was still on his side and he thought Dumbledore helped him.

"It was a bit complicated, yes," Dumbledore said solemnly, "But I am glad you had your trial and the real traitor was caught."

"Peter," Sirius said, eyes hardening, and then he smiled a fake smile again, "But thank you, Headmaster."

"No problem, my boy. But there is something I want to ask you. Will you be willing to take Harry in for a while?"

"Oh? How is taking care of him now?"

"His aunt and uncle."

"You mean Petunia, the person WHO HATES MAGIC?"

"She has changed over the years, Sirius."

Sirius pretended to think it over, "Well, if you thought it best for him to go there, then it must have been okay."

Dumbledore internally smirked, "So...when do you think you will be able to take him in?"

"I think, Dumbledore, that it would be best for me to take him in at a later date, I want my mind to be fully restored before anything happens."

"Of course, my boy, of course."

Harry's school year ended. It was pretty much a horrible year. Everyone hated him and even his best friend turned his back to him and Dumbledore wouldn't help him one bit. The only constant that year was Malfoy, who seemed to care a bit for him. Of course, neither boy would ever admit it, but they both looked forward to insulting each other because there was at least a bit of familiarity in the air.

Then Dumbeldore said he was 'too young' to understand anything about Tom Riddle. Hello, he already killed a man and a full-grown basilisk, Harry thought he was mature enough. When Harry asked him if he could stay in the Magical World for the summer, Dumbledore said no.

And don't get Harry started on Ron 'I don't know where we are in this relationship anymore' Weasley. Yes, ignore him for months and when Hermione is cured of the petrification, just pretend as nothing happened. Their fallout hurt Harry, causing him to immerse himself more in books and magic than ever before.

Another thing Harry had on his mind was Tom Riddle. He had the right ideas, yes, but how he executed his plans were downright wrong. Dumbledore was wrong too, he was trying to make the Wizarding World adjust a bit to 'help muggle-borns' but was that what he was doing really?

Harry was brought out of his musings on the last day of school by the one and only Headmaster.

"Harry, m'boy," Dumbledore said, "If you could please come to my office, we do have something to discuss. It involves...your residence during the summer."