Chapter 27

"STOP! STOP!" Amelia yelled, managing to pull George and Harry off Draco at the same time. "The hell is wrong with you lot?! My office, now!"

"Now, now, Mr. Malfoy has done nothing wrong," simpered Umbridge, "It's only fit if the Gryffindors have a life-long ban from Quidditch."

"Bite me, b!tch," Amelia hissed, causing the whole stadium to gasp.

"Weasley, Potter, Malfoy," Amelia barked, "My office. Now. I will not say it for the third time."

"What. The. HELL, all of you!" was the first thing she said when she closed the door.

To his credit, Draco looked properly guilty. Though he kept glancing at the twins. Amelia raised an eyebrow at that.

"Why do you have to be so damn salty?" Amelia groaned, then pointed at the door, "Sarah. Five days. Go."

"What?" Draco shrieked, "Please, anything but that, please!"

"No," Amelia said, "Get your sore losing a$$ out of here."

Draco reluctantly left the room, glaring at George.

Amelia sat at her desk, massaging her forehead. "What in Merlin's name made you two think that you could physically attack someone whose back was turned?" she bit out.

"He provoked us, Professor!" Harry exclaimed, "Called the Weasleys—"

"I heard it all, Potter," Amelia silenced him with a look, "He did absolutely nothing to provoke you. And—"

Umbridge barged in, fury etched on her face. "These three have detention for the rest of the year and a life-long ban on Quidditch!" she shrieked.

Amelia grit her teeth. "No Quidditch for the rest of the year but no detentions or you lose your job as Undersecretary, Umbridge. You know I can do it."

Umbirdge was too angry to haggle. "FINE! You will regret this, Snape!"

She left.

"You can go, Potter," Amelia said after a loud sigh, guiding the boy to the door. She closed it behind him and rested her head on the door, hands still on the doorknob.

Amelia turned and looked at George, grinning, "Who would think you would be that Slytherin, Mister? Sad that Harry was pulled into this."

"You knew?"

"Eh, Draco gave it away. He wouldn't do that. Not with so many people watching. Too Slytherin, he is. Besides, the only one to fool a Slytherin is a better Slytherin. Or a Hufflepuff, that is. "

"Well, then."

"Yeah, but in order to keep people off your tail, pick up your studies or someone will suspect something."

The twins were ambitious. They had already started a business and bought a store in Diagon Alley. They were currently following out their plan to leave the school without looking suspicious. The only way to do that was to stop them from playing Quidditch. Umbridge made it a whole lot easier and harder.

"Go back to you Common Room— and remember to look angry, depressed and moody!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Don't call me that."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geroge entered the Gryffindor Common room with a sullen look on his face and told everyone the story of what happened. Well, not the part of how him and Fred had orchestrated the whole thing, but the fact that they couldn't play anymore.

"Banned," said Angelina in a hollow voice. "Banned. No Seeker and no Beaters . . . What on earth are we going to do?"

"It's just so unfair," said Alicia numbly. "I mean, what about Crabbe and that Bludger he hit after the whistle had been blown? Has Umbridge banned him?"

"No," said Ginny miserably; she and Hermione were sitting on either side of Harry. "He just got lines, I heard Montague laughing about it at dinner."

"And banning Fred when he didn't even do anything!" said Alicia furiously, pummeling her knee with her fist.

"It's not my fault I didn't," said Fred, with a very ugly look on his face. "I would've pounded the little scumbag to a pulp if you three hadn't been holding me back."

"No you wouldn't have," George grumbled, "Harry and I are just lucky Malfoy didn't do more than he did."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked and Geroge looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Didn't you try and punch him in the stomach? I did. The boy had abs, mate. If he tried to punch us, we would be knocked out. He's jacked and would have pounded us if he wanted."

"Holy sh!t," Harry mumbled.

"I'm going to bed," said Angelina, getting slowly to her feet. "Maybe this will all turn out to have been a bad dream. . . . Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find we haven't played yet. . . ."

Everyone soon left and Harry was left alone with his thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------