Chapter 9

"So...I was born in August," Harry said, "I've been celebrating the wrong day for the past twelve years."

"Yeah," Amelia said under her disguise. Harry was born on August 1st. "I knew it wasn't just my suffering from short term memory loss!"

"And it wasn't just Azkaban. How much does this change?" Sirius asked Amelia.

"Well," she said, "It just means the prophecy means nothing."

"Wait, what prophecy?" Harry asked.

Sirius blinked, then looked down at Harry. "Well, there was a prophecy made one night. About Voldemort and someone born 'as the seventh month dies'. When Voldemort heard the prophecy, he realized that person would kill him, so he deduced that he would kill that person when he was a baby. Yes, it was a he. When Pettigrew realized it would be the Potter's, he asked to spare the life of the parents. But, of course, Voldermort didn't."

Sirius took a deep breath, and let go again. "But Voldemort marked you as his equal, knowingly or unknowingly, though you weren't born in July, meaning the prophecy is null and void or there is another Dark Lord that it relates to."

"We just have to hope it's not the latter," Harry said after a moment.

"Yes," Amelia said, looking at the parchment once more, "Wait, Dumbledore's your Magical Guardian?!"

"What?" Hary snatched the paper, then groaned, "Can we switch Magical Guardianship to someone else?"

"Yes, we can," Sirius said, "Remus can be such since we're your godparents."

"Yep," Amelia said, "Now you two go get presents while I...also get presents."

"I thought that was just the disguise," Harry said, confused.

"Right, but we need an air-tight alibi—"

"And presents!"

Amelia didn't come back to Grimmauld Place until about 5 P.M. the next day (only because she spent the rest of that day at Malfoy Manor since there was a Yule Party) but Sirius and Harry didn't ask any questions.

About two days later, Remus was Harry's Magical Guardian.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On June 28th, 1994, Apatite Ahas Snape was born.

The first thing Amelia thought of that name was that she would have a fun time teasing him about it.

Her second thought was that everyone would have fun teasing him about it. And he would feel horrible.

On July 28th, 1994, Severus Tobias Snape asked Amelia Bellona Snape to substitute for him when he was on Paternity Leave.

The first thing Amelia thought of that request was that she would be surrounded by kids who would make life interesting.

Her second thought was that she would be surrounded by hormonal teens who would make life hell.

On August 28th, 1994, Amelia Bellona Snape answered the formal request from Dumbledore. Only because he finally agreed to such a thing and was fine with her teaching students again.

On September 2nd, 1994, Amelia Snape knew people would have questions about things like 'Where's Professor Snape? He wasn't at the feast yesterday.' Only the Slytherins knew what happened, but they weren't talking and even they didn't know why Snape wasn't there.

On September 3rd, 1994, Amelia thought Moody was acting weird. It was as if he wanted to talk to her, but also didn't want to. Like if he did, some cover would be blown. It didn't help that Moody never actually liked Amelia. Ever.