Chapter 12

Dear Lady Longbottom,

It has been some time, hasn't it? How have you been? I had the pleasure of meeting your grandson this year and it appears to me that he has some... old magic in him.

You know what I'm talking about, Augusta. I'm talking about half-bloods.

I knew Frank, and he never liked Alice. Not in that way. They were simply friends. Best friends, but it was only platonic.

I need your permission to find out if Neville is, in fact, a demigod and, if he is, who his mother is.

If we could meet up after Imbolc or whenever you would like, that would be appreciated.

Regards,

Amelia Snape

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neville,

Your substitute, Amelia Snape, says you could be a demigod. While I did know many of them in my Hogwarts years, I do not know many anymore. A majority of them died gruesome deaths and others I had to cut ties with.

Being a demigod is not easy. Your life is threatened every which way. But, Hogwart's wards keep some of the monsters away from you, so you will be safe enough there. Amelia will be taking you to North America is a while and I would like you to understand what this entails.

Make arrangements with Professor McGonagall to fire call me tomorrow ar six o'clock in the evening.

I'll see you then,

Augusta Longbottom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Amelia Snape,

I agree it has been very long since we last conversed and I must admit, I thought you were dead. Of course, you Snapes go above and beyond in every which way possible. Yes, I have noticed dear Neville is a bit different from other wizards and witches. I do permit you to find out if he is a demigod, we do not need to meet up.

I noticed Neville was never like Alice and that neither Alice nor Frank fancied each other, but I tried not to question, lest I sounded like I didn't believe Frank.

I admit, it hurt me to know that Frank tried to hide such a thing from me and I took my anger and grief out on Neville. I admit I wasn't the best caretaker, but please, try to uncover the mystery that is my grandson.

Best Regards,

Lady Augusta Longbottom

A/N: I know this is short. I really do. And I hate it. But I have no inspiration at the moment, and I thought I would finish this chapter by today, but...

I promise my next chapter will come a bit early if it can. Please comment and give me inspiration because I am LACKING.

Bye for now.