Chapter 10

Tw: abvs3, ambulances, blood, yelling, ect.

Read with caution, cuz it's angst. Again.

I'm so sorry in advance ;-;
_______________________________________
Niki's POV

"COME OUT KID!"

"GET OUT OF THERE!!"

"I'M GONNA FIND YOU AND KILL YOU, YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

I sat with my back against the door, pushing against it with all my power. Dad got drunk again, and I had just accidentally broke his cup. I knew he would get me soon, but I had to hold out.

I didn't let any sound escape my lips as I cried. He started barging on the door, and my spine ached as I pushed against the door. There was no way I could do this much longer, I knew I was gonna be defeated.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang as pieces of my light pink door dropped around and onto me. My head whipped around and I saw my dad, holding a metal bat and a whip with a sharp end.

"I've got you now, bastard." he muttered, closing in on me. I shuffled away, dialling 999.

They picked up a second after I finished dialling, and I screamed "HELP! MY DAD'S GONNA KILL ME, I'M AT 21 ALMER'S AVENU-" before the bat swiped at my throat, making it crack. My body crashed into the wall and I choked on my blood, trying to get air into my lungs.

My dad raised the bat again, looking at where my eyes were with a wide grin. I only had enough time to scream before I blacked out.
_______________________________________
Paramedic's POV

"We have a possible abuse case at 21 Almer's Avenue! Go quick!"

My headset almost fell off as I ran, saying "Ok! We're gonna get going immediately, the time it will take to get there is about four minutes." I had already gotten into the ambulance and I turned off the communicator part of my headset.

I drove fast, with Noah in the passenger seat. He was clueless on what was happening, as I didn't say anything to him at all about the situation.

As soon as we got onto Almer's Avenue, I saw house 21 and stopped, opening the door and rushing out, Noah right behind me. Luckily, the house door was unlocked, so I barged in and ran up the staircase.

I saw a room which had no door, or used to have one, and sprinted into it. The sight was horrific. The door was shattered and laid on the floor, a lot of blood, and most importantly, a little girl who had blood all over her. The person in front of her, who seemed to be her father, jumped and looked at me.

"GET OUT OF HERE!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAVE HER!" he growled, raising the whip over her head. Noah then tackled him and pinned him to the floor.

"Sir, we have called the police and they are on their way. If you resist, it will only make this situation more difficult." Noah said as the man struggled in his grasp.

Luckily, the police came into the room about a minute later, and we were able to bring the girl into the ambulance. She looked pretty banged up, her neck was in a brace already, and we couldn't tell if her eyes were severely injured yet.

During the time we took to get to the hospital, the girl woke up. She slowly opened her eyes and quickly got up, then she winced in pain.

"Where am I-" she managed to say before going into a coughing fit, blood dribbling out of her mouth.

"Hey, hey, take it easy, ok? I'm Casey, and that's Noah over there. Do you know where you are right now?" I asked softly.

"Uh... no, I don't. Sorry." the girl replied laying back down.

"Don't be sorry! Anyways, you're in an ambulance. We found you being abused by your father and-"

"Please don't talk about him..." the girl muttered.

"Sorry... so, uh, what's your name?" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"My name is Niki." Niki answered politely.

"That's a really nice name, Niki! How old are you?"

"I'm 7 years old."

"Cool! I'm pretty old, y'know." I giggled.

"Really?! How old?" Niki exclaimed.

"Well, you have to keep it a secret. Promise?" I held out my little finger.

"Promise!!" Niki yelled as she interlocked her little finger with mine.

"Ok. So, I am actually 28." I said.

"...That's not really old! My mum was 29!" Niki pouted.

"Wait- was?" I asked.

"Yep! Was! She got-"

"We're here! Niki, try not to move your neck too much, k?" Noah said, leaning over to see us.

"Mhm!" Niki hummed as I grabbed the gurney and wheeled it out.
_______________________________________

These kids never get a break, do they? :)