Chapter 2: Dance With The Devil

"Anne." Darcy said in a soothing voice. "Wake up, sleepy head."

Anne groaned a little, her eyes slowly rising and she yelped a bit when she saw the multiple eyes of Darcy, but then calmed down. "M-Man, I have to get used to that..."

Darcy suddenly shrunk and rubbed her arm, stepping back. "S-Sorry..."

Anne quickly sat up. "No, no, no! I didn't mean it like that! Marcy, you're beautiful no matter how you look!"

Darcy relaxed a little, smiling just a bit. "T-Thanks, Anna-Banana. I'll probably believe that eventually..."

"Marcy..." Anne said, getting up and hugging Darcy tightly. "I said I love you...d-didn't I? I don't care what you look like."

Darcy slowly hugged back. "I'm so glad you're here with me...please don't ever leave me again."

"I won't. Never in a million years will I ever leave you behind again." Anne said, parting the hug just a bit before seeing something on her bedside drawer. Something that wasn't there before. It was a box wrapped in blue paper and a green ribbon. "What's that?"

"I-It's a present." Darcy said.

Anne turned. "You...made me a present? E-Even while we're stuck here?"

"You mean I'm stuck here." Darcy said with a weak chuckle. "I...I had a lot of spare time. I-I figured you would like it."

Anne's cheeks turned pink, and she smiled shyly. "Mar-Mar... y-you didn't have to-"

"But I wanted to." Darcy said before she walked over and grabbed the present, handing it out to Anne.

The young Thai girl was blushing, but she took the present and took off the green ribbon, gently ripping off the blue paper, revealing a white box. Curious, she took off the lid, and her blue eyes widened.

Inside, she saw some kind of necklace. It was fairly small, and with very shiny purple gems circling around it. It looked like a small collar almost.

"S-Sorry if it's not the best. I had to make due with what I had." Darcy said, her orange eyes flitting up to Anne nervously, afraid that she wouldn't like it.

Anne's heart swelled, and she smiled wide, her cheeks now rosy red. "Marcy... i-it's beautiful. I... I love it!"

Darcy's orange eyes went wide and seemingly went starry. "T-That's great!! Try it on!! I wanna see if it fits!"

Anne giggled, then she took the clasp of the necklace and then she carefully wrapped the necklace around her neck, blushing as she looked at Darcy. "H... how does it look...?"

Darcy's face visibly went red (or at least she made it appear that way) under her helmet. "O-Oh, wow...y-you look very pretty...!"

Anne blushed, and she smiled, her blue eyes sparkling with happiness. "You... y-you're too s-sweet..."

Darcy giggled. "I'm just telling the truth, Anna-Banana!"

Anne blushed even more. "H-heh... I-I still need to get used to being your girlfriend..."

"S-Same." Darcy said before walking over just a bit closer...all the while The Hivemind activated the collar.

Unlike the others used for soldiers or the wildlife? This collar was a little more complex. She could've just made a simple mind control collar for Anne Boonchuy. But?

Where was the fun in that?

Anne's eyes widened and then the girl blushed, unaware of her eyes beginning to change as Darcy stepped closer.