Chapter 4: Family is Forever

The fact that they had to let their daughter go to another world entirely was enough to make The Boonchuys worried.

But knowing that essentially an alien invasion was being prepared by a technological force from said world they sent Anne to was scarier.

Mr. X's eyes were wide as Mrs. Boonchuy finished the story. He then took a deep breath. "So, let me get this straight...there's an evil newt king with an army of robots that wants to conquer Earth?"

Mr. Boonchuy blinked and nodded. "That's pretty much the story."

"...that...is amazing!" Mr. X exclaimed with a giddy grin.

The Boonchuys looked at each other and then back at Mr. X, clearly very confused.

"I've been preparing for an alien invasion this whole time! Now, I'm actually gonna be a part of one!" Mr. X cheered.

Mrs. Boonchuy, Oum, looked at her husband and then whispered into his ear. "I think he's a little too excited about our possible impending doom."

Mr. Boonchuy, Bee, leaned in as well. "Yeah...it's kind of freaky."

Mr. X then cleared his throat. "Anyway, thank you for this helpful information! Now, it's time for training."

Bee's eyes widened. "Wait, what?"

"You're one of our most valuable assets for this upcoming invasion, so? You're gonna need to learn how to defend yourselves." Mr. X said with a smirk, tilting his glasses.

"DO WE GET COOL GADGETS?!" Bee asked with glee.

Mr. X blinked. "Sure."

"Now, hold on a minute," Oum said, standing up from the interrogation table. "Anne isn't the only one who's in Amphibia. Our friends' daughters are over there, too."

Mr. X hummed. "And their parents don't know about this...?"

Bee shook his head. "Nope."

Mr. X sighed. "Oh, boy..."

"The only reason why we didn't tell them is because..." Oum took a deep breath, clenching her fist a bit. "Because we don't know what could have happened to them. Anne didn't know, either."

Mr. X took a deep breath. "Well then, there's two options. We get them involved in this or we do the rest of this in secret."

Oum bit her bottom lip, and then looked at Mr. X. "Is the giant praying mantis still alive?"

Mr. X blinked and nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"Because we're going to need to show them proof," she said, her brown eyes full of determination. "They've been agonizing over their daughters' disappearances as much as Bee and I have been agonizing over Anne's."

Mr. X sighed. "Alright then. I'll call them over." He said before he grabbed his phone, putting it to his ear. "Get me The Waybrights and The Wu's."

Later that day, everything was in place. Or rather, everyone was in place.

Three people slowly entered the strange, almost empty warehouse. None of them could quite remember what it was used for, but it had been shut down a decade or so ago.

"Where are we?" A woman asked. That very woman was Marcy's mother, Lin Wu.

"You'll see. Trust us." Bee said, looking back at the three of them.

Lin's husband, Chen Wu, was uncharacteristically quiet. He was once a polished, straightforward and rather strict man... but ever since Marcy disappeared, he had become disheveled, and lost a bit of weight, his white t-shirt almost looking too big on him. His oval-shaped, brown eyes that Marcy had inherited from him were now constantly full of regret and sorrow, and the worst part was that he seldom spoke to anyone anymore, besides his wife.