Chapter 9: Evil As Can Be

Perfection was a thing a lot of people strive for. But in reality? Nothing was perfect. Truly nothing in the entire universe was perfect.

Everyone has their own view of what perfection is. Marcy Wu had her own as well.

And that was if her parents hadn't moved, she got to stay with her best friends, and if Anne Boonchuy was her girlfriend.

That was the reality The Core made just for her. To keep her as their host. To keep her quiet.

While poor Marcy was oblivious to all of the chaos and destruction that her body was being used to create.

"Okay! Okay, I think I see the crown!" Anne exclaimed, frantically mashing the buttons on her game controller.

Marcy nodded. "You gotta time the jump just right! You can do it, babe!"

"Okay, okay..." Anne made humming noises as she impatiently waited for the perfect moment to jump, and then she practically smashed the buttons, and then whooped as her avatar made it, grabbing the crown. "Ha! Suck it, Lord Orpheus, you sore loser!"

Marcy cheered, raising her arms into the air. "You actually did it, Anna-Banana!!! Oh, I'm so proud of you!!!"

"What, did you think I'd mess it up?" Anne joked, leaning in and kissing Marcy on the nose.

Marcy giggled before giving Anne a victory kiss on the cheek. "No, you just never seem interested in the games I showed you before we started dating! I'm just glad you were so excited!"

Anne's face softened, and then she sighed. "I'm still really sorry that Sasha and I dismissed your interests, Mar-Mar. That was... really uncool of us."

Marcy's face softened soon after and she suddenly cuddled up next to Anne as the game's credits began to roll. "But, that's the past. I'm just happy you're finally giving it a try and having fun! I told you two you'd like it!" She giggled.

Anne laughed, and then kissed her on the cheek. "That you did. Ahh, watching Sasha rage quit on that Bendy game was hilarious, though. Her face was so red, I thought she'd forgotten how to breathe!"

Marcy giggled. "She hated Chapter 3 with all her heart because of the side quests. Which, can't blame her too much for that! Speaking of, where is she anyway?"

"Oh! She said that she was with her mom, which..." Anne winced. "Mega oof."

Marcy cringed a bit. "Right. She still hasn't gotten into many details about why they divorced and...to be fair, I can see why."

"Yeah. I mean, Mrs. Waybright is, uh... nice-ish. Just really particular about... well, everything. Even with how certain foods are cooked."

"Daaang. I don't think I even met her that many times, even when Sasha's parents were still together." Marcy said, holding Anne's hand. "Anyway, what do you wanna do now?"

Anne hummed, and then her face lit up. "Oh, I know!"

Then, she got up, grabbing her socks and shoes. "Come on! I just remembered something that I wanted to show you!"

Marcy's eyes quickly shined with curiosity as she got to her feet, grabbing her own socks and shoes and following her girlfriend out of her room.

Marcy's parents were cooking dinner in the kitchen, and when Anne and Marcy walked downstairs, Marcy's father looked up, raising an eyebrow. "Where are you two going?"

"Oh! Anne wants to show me something!" Marcy said with a somewhat nervous smile, since her father wasn't always too keen on Marcy randomly going out, even if it was just to hang out with Anne.