five

chapter five:

"Like, for real?" Carmen blurted out.

"Look, just... be ready by seven tonight. I've already asked for you to leave early and your boss said it was okay."

"Jasper, you can't just do that." She immediately frowned at the thought of her pay.

"I just did! And don't worry about your pay, love. Miss Lexi said it was alright. After all, you work too hard." Jasper gave her a reassuring smile and she nodded.

"Seven?" she asked again to reconfirm.

"Yes, seven. And don't worry, I know where your house is!" Jasper said almost too excitedly. "Bryan told me, and no, I didn't mean to sound like a very feverish stalker."

"Alright, Jasper. Off you go." She laughed and oh, how it made his insides churn and it made him feel all warm and gooey on the inside.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She came out of her house when she received a text from Jasper saying that he was outside of her house. Carmen immediately grabbed her little sling bag and walked out of the house.

"Woah," she exclaimed.

Jasper stood there in an olive green jumper with ripped skinny jeans and a pair of sneakers. He was leaning against his bike which made her gasp.

"What?" he asked and rushed to her side. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. It's just that... you have a fucking bike!" Carmen responded. "That's so fucking cool!"

"May I?" Jasper asked and held out his hand. When she was on the bike, almost too eager to leave, Jasper chuckled.

"Safety first, love." He reached for the spare helmet and put it on her. Carmen stared right into his chocolate brown eyes as he carefully secured the helmet in place and looked away when he asked if it felt okay.

"Where are we going?" Carmen asked as Jasper got on.

"You'll see. You ready?" He asked as he turned to check on her.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am."

As she started to hear the revving of the bike, her hands automatically snaked around Jasper's waist. He gripped her palms as a sign of telling her to trust him and he could feel her head nodding on his back.

When they sped up, her grip tightened and after a while, she loosened her grip a little and earned a chuckle from Jasper. Oddly enough, he never felt the need to feel this way whenever he was with other girls, or should he say... his exes.

Once the bike came to a stop, Jasper patted her palms. "We're here, Carmen."

"Oh, sorry." She immediately pulled away and took off her helmet. He never wanted the ride to end. Jasper wanted to feel her clutch onto him tightly, never wanting to let go.

"I know it's not a fancy dinner and all that jazz..." he apologised to her.

"No, no. This is perfect," she said as she walked onto the grassy fields, towards the red checkered picnic mat.

"Really? I mean, you could be pissed off, you know."

"I'm not that fancy restaurant sort of girl, Jasper. After all, as long as it doesn't snow or rain, I'm pretty good with it." She smiled at him and sat down on the mat.

"I've never done this before, to be really frank with you," he muttered as he sat down next to her.

"So you were testing the waters with me then?" She chuckled.

"Maybe? You don't seem like other girls." He shrugged and fished out the sandwiches that he bought from the shop.

"Are all these store bought?" she asked and muffled her laughter.

"Well..." he smiled shyly and scratched the back of his head.

"Thank you for the effort you've put into everything."

"Are you serious? Wow, I never had a date that thanked me for a... date."

"There's a first to everything, biker boy."