sixteen

chapter sixteen:

Backing away from being a total drunk ass was totally worth it for Bryan. He couldn't handle being that person anymore. After getting that tattoo that he talked about with Andy, he went on and signed up for a fitness coach which pretty much killed him in the first session.

"This is fucking outrageous," Bryan said and panted.

"Woah, what's up with you? And you're all sticky and icky." Carmen scrunched up her nose and laughed. She was happy, partly because Bryan seemed to have gotten back to his normal self and that for once, her life seemed to be working out.

"Woman, get me an Evian, please. I'm dying here. Who the hell makes a newbie run ten miles in the second session!" He rolled his eyes and passed her the money.

"Here, drink up and apparently it's your little coach that's killing you. Anyway, you hate sweating. What changed?" Carmen stared at him long enough for an answer.

"Used to hate sweating. I'd rather do a torturous workout than to go diving back into my drunk self again. I've never felt so isolated like those few weeks ever before, Carmen. It felt horrible! Even having Andy there consoling me and giving me cuddles didn't make the loneliness fade away." Bryan smiled at the memory of his boyfriend being such a sweet little thing but frowned immediately when he remembered how upset Andy was even though he said nothing to Bryan about it.

"I must say... 'm proud of you, Bryan. I would hug you but I have to serve customers." She laughed as he placed a hand over his heart and faked a hurt look.

Jasper walked into the café and called out for Carmen as usual. When he spotted Bryan, he just gave a tiny nod which he got back in return.

"Love, I'll pick you up as usual?" Jasper's face gleamed with joy as he landed a chaste kiss on Carmen's lips, knowing that she had to get back to work before Lexi threw him out again for distracting her pastry chef.

"See you later and Bryan's here! He's gotten into that fitness regime thingy." She grinned like a Cheshire Cat because everything seemed fine and dandy.

When she walked back into the kitchen, Bryan invited Jasper to go for a little walk. Jasper couldn't say no to Bryan after all the mean things he had said or even done to him.

"So, both of you are official?" Bryan smiled at him, as though the troubles of the past were already disappearing like bubbles being popped by a child.

"Yeah, we sorta are. You and Andy, huh?" Jasper asked softly.

"Yeah. He's a great guy." Bryan chuckled. "About everything before, Jasper..."

"It's alright. You and I both have said some mean things to each other," Jasper mumbled on.

"Let me speak," Bryan said coldly and stopped in his tracks. "I'm not going to forget every single thing you've done, and I hope you understand that. I've given it a lot, and by a lot, I mean a fucking ton, of thought. Carmen seems really happy with you but let me warn you, yeah? If you ever, ever, ever make her shed a single sad tear, you're never going to be able to have babies ever again. Do you hear me?"

"Y-yeah. I hear you." Jasper stared at his friend, with a shiver down his spine. He didn't know that Bryan could be this scary.

"Good. Now, I'll see you on Friday as usual?" Bryan smiled at Jasper as his friend nodded.

As Bryan jogged away, Jasper stood there, still in absolute shock that one, his tiff with Bryan is over and two, his friend has definitely... changed, but he didn't know if it was better or not.