Chapter 3

It's later on around 4 pm, I've just finished getting ready to go out with Vincent. I was downstairs in my living room waiting for him to arrive.

It's a few minutes later, he starts calling me on FaceTime so I answer "Hello."

"Hey there, I'm outside."

"Okay, I'm coming out."

"Alright." He hangs up.

I grab my purse and I head out of the house, I walk up to his car and he was standing out of his car.

"You look beautiful." He smiles.

"Thank you."

He opens my car door for me "Thank you again." I get inside the car.

He walks back over to his side getting back inside then drives off "So are you excited?" He asks.

"Yeah, I've never been race kart driving before so I'm ready to have some fun."

"You're gonna love it."

"I know I will, but while we're driving there I have a few questions."

"Go right ahead."

"Okay so first, What are some places you would love to travel to?"

"I've been many places already, anywhere I've wanted to go I've already been." He chuckles "It's just apart of my job."

"What do you do for work? Cause sign me up." I laugh.

"I'll tell you about that on our third date."

"There's gonna be a third date?"

"Why not?" He turned to me and smiled.

"Oh okay, so have you already made plans for our third date?"

"Yeah, when are you available? Because I have something set up for us, it's a secret."

"I have to work tomorrow and the day after, so Friday?"

"Sounds good to me."

"Moving on, What was the first thing that came to your mind when you first saw me?"

"Well, I was like damn she's beautiful, I can't believe this woman is single." He stops at a red light "Like seriously the men in your past relationships had to be blind."

"Aw, you're sweet." I could feel myself blushing a little bit.

"So what about me?"

"I thought the same about you." I laugh "I was like damn he's fine, everything about you I liked."

"That's nice to hear." He turns to me "There's just something about you that has me intrigued, I don't know what it is."

"How about everything?"

He laughs "I love the confidence, but you might be right, I just wanna kiss you again."

"So do it, you don't have to be shy."

He grabs my face pulling me closer and kisses me slowly, he kisses me for a few seconds then pulls away "I'm never shy."

"I like that." I smirk.

There were so many things I wanted to do to him at that moment, But I need to calm down and take things slow, Like we should have done from the beginning.

"There's so much more you'll learn to love about me, just wait." The light turns green and he drives off.

                   *********************

We arrive at the race kart place, We walk through the gates and into the building "Hello, Can I help you?" One of the men behind the counter asks.

"Hello, I rented out the whole place, Vincent Miller."

"Oh yes, I apologize, Follow me, sir." He walked from behind the counter.

"You rented out a whole place for us?" I follow behind them both.

"Yeah, I want it to be us only." We walk outside.

"That's cute."

"Okay so The only rules are, do not bump each other with the karts, don't lean the cart at all, you have to tie your hair up and wear one of these helmets." He hands both of us a helmet "And the last rule, just have some fun."

"Okay thank you." I tie my hair up and slips my helmet on, Vincent puts his helmet on also.

"Okay, so are y'all ready?"

"Yes, we are." We follow him to the go-karts, we get inside the karts and we wrap the seatbelts around us.

"Okay, you guys can start." The man steps back.

Vincent speeds off "Damn, wait for me." I speed off after him.

"If you pass me you could pick our next date!" He yells out to me.

"Okay." We race around the track, I get close to him but he speeds up his kart going faster.

He crosses the finish line "You didn't pass me so I won." He stops.

"You've probably done this before, this was my first time doing this!" I stop my kart next to his.

"I've actually only done this once, I'm just good at it." He chuckles "How about 2 out of 3?"

"Okay, but this time we start at the same time."

"Okay." He smiles "Ready, set, go!" We both take off, I was in the lead for a couple of seconds but of course, he passed me again with no problem.

I didn't care though, as long as I was having a good time with him.

Vincent ended up winning the second lap but I ended up winning the third lap, either way, I had fun.

"Well looks like you're not picking our next date." We get out of the karts and we remove our helmets and puts them back on the rack.

"I'm excited to see what you have planned for us Friday."

"You'll love it." We walk back into the building "Thank you for the experience." Vincent shakes the man's hand.

"Of course, I'm glad you enjoyed it, have a good day Mr. Miller."

"You too." We leave the building and we get back inside his car then he drives off.