Chapter 21

It's been a week since I gave birth, It's of course been hard for me, Nique cries 80% of the day, and I have to keep feeding her, burping her, and changing her, I knew what I was getting myself into having a baby but I didn't expect it to be this much hard work. But of course, I've had the help of Vincent, so at least I'm not doing it by myself.

I held Nique in my arms cradling her back and forth, while focusing on the TV. There was a knock on the door, I wasn't expecting any company so I don't know who that could have been.

I slowly stood up and walked over to the door and opened it up, Todd was standing outside.

"Hey sis." He hugged me "And hello to you too." He looked down at Nique and grabbed her little fingers.

"I just got her to sleep so please don't wake her." I let him inside and closed the door behind him "What are you doing here?"

"Sorry, Well first I got you some food." He held out a bag of chipotle.

"Aw thank you." I grabbed the bag from him.

"Your welcome, and second I wanted to come to see you because Later on today I'm proposing to Cam and I wanted to show you the ring."

"Oh my god!" I gasp "Are you serious?"

"Yes." He smiled "I know you're her best friend so I wanted to get your opinion on it." He digs into his pocket and pulled the box out and opened it up, inside was a beautiful wedding ring, it was so nice, it made me want to be married.

"She would most definitely love this ring, it's so beautiful!" I set Nique down in her cradle. I then grabbed the ring out of the box to get a better look at it.

"Thank you, I just hope she loves it as you said."

"She will but it's not the ring that matters, it's the love, you both love each other so either way she's gonna say yes because she loves you more than anything else." I slip the ring back into the box and he slips the box back into his pocket.

"You're right, thank you." He leaned in and hugged me "So I was actually thinking of inviting you and Vincent over for some dinner, then I'm gonna pop the question."

"I would love to come over, I can't wait." I smiled.

"Okay, so come around 7, I'll see you later."

"See you later." He opened the door and walked out.

This had me thinking about myself, I wanted more than anything to be married but I don't think Vincent would propose, especially when we haven't even been together more than a year yet.

But that doesn't matter to me, these past months that I've gotten to know him have made me fall in love with him even more, and I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with him.

***************************

"Babe, are you ready?" Vincent walks into the room.

"Almost." I slipped into my heels.

He smiled "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you." I smiled "You're sweet."

"I'm gonna get the car seat ready for you, I'm gonna wait downstairs." He missed me on the cheek and then left.

I finished getting Nique dressed then picked her up and laid her on my chest. I left the room and walked downstairs, opened the door, and left out. I locked the door behind me then walked to the car and Vincent opened the back door for me, I put Nique into her car seat and made sure she was strapped up good before closing the door behind me.