03 . telephone

it was 4:30pm, the prayer and serum ended about five minutes ago and was anything but enjoyable

it was 4:30pm, the prayer and serum ended about five minutes ago and was anything but enjoyable. maybe if i knew more about what they were talking about it would make sense, but i haven't even ever seen a bible in person until today. the kids weren't too bad, they were all about 10-14 so they were easy to keep under control.

at the moment we were guiding our group of six kids through a scavenger hunt. what the reward was? we had no idea. the kids were all in front of us leading, and we stayed behind to talk a bit.

"three months of this? cant be too bad." luke muttered so the kids wouldn't hear, even though they were pretty far ahead.

"yeah right, you try doing it for twelve years straight." paisley said through gritted teeth, there wasn't much i could say since it was my first year here, and i could assume it was lukes first as well.

"there's gotta be some fun stuff here. like there's a creek down that trail." ashton pointed over to a small stream that must break off into a larger one.

"ok? its a stream?" i questioned, i could hear paisley yelling something at one of the kids who must've gone off trail. "yea, a creek. do you even know what you could do in a creek?" luke threw his hands out to emphasize his words, i just rolled my eyes.

"fuck yea, skinny dipping." michael said while getting a fist bump from luke and ashton. "im down for skinny dipping." paisley joined in with a smug grin on her face. horny bastard.

"paisley are you for real right now?" i whispered only so she could hear, "yea it seems fun!"

"you just wanna get in ashton's pants." luke assumed earning a slap on the shoulder from paisley.

"fun until one of us gets bitten by whatever the fuck lives in there." i scoffed, and paisley just rolled her eyes at me.

"let go, have some fun!" michael said while jokingly giving me a nudge on the shoulder. "where! where are we gonna have fun in this shithole!" one of the kids must've heard me because i heard a small gasp from infront of us.

"well, there's skinny dipping of course. there's no kids in the cabin so if you snatch up a hottie you could give them a go." michael laughed at his own stupid ideas.

"i'm being serious. what the hell do i even do here?" i kicked a rock along the trail, up ahead there was a seating area. some of the kids began to disperse throughout it with there friends, ash and paisley gave them a few directions before we all sat down.

"you shitface liar." luke whispered just loud enough for me to hear. i gave him a confused look, furrowing my eyebrows. "i saw the booze in your bag. just cause there small dosent mean there invisible. getting drunk is always fun, right?"

i sat in shock for a second, why the hell was luke looking through my bag? "why did you even look through my fucking bag?" i said clenching my jaw slightly.

"i didn't, he did." luke pointed over towards michael who was busy chasing a few kids around with a handful of stink bugs. "what a cunt." i grumbled with anger, if that is even possible. "don't go too hard on him." luke chuckled before kicking his feet up onto the wooden log bench.

"michael, leave the kids alone. get your ass over here." I whisperd the last few word so the kids couldnt quite hear. i heard him huff before dragging his feet along being me, it wasn't too far away. just far enough so the kids wouldn't hear me yell and luke wouldn't flip his shit.

"what the fuck do you want, i just started having some fun." he leaned up against a tree with his arms loosley crossed, "why the hell were you searching through my bag?" i snapped, about six hours into camp and i was already sick of it.

"who told you that?" his voice lowered, and he was no longer leaning against the tree, but moving close to me. if i was being honest i would say i'm intimidated.

"luke did, just keep your hands off my fucking shit and leave me alone, alright? and then we won't have any problems." i blurted out, just wanting to get back to the seating area and maybe have a campfire.

"wanna know why i was even digging through it?" i stopped walking, frozen in my steps and didn't bother to even turn around and look at him.

"luke wanted your number and instead of asking we searched for a hidden phone or some shit ok? you happy now?" michael sounded even more frustrated than me, and he stormed off to the seating area while dragging his feet. why the fuck wouldn't luke just ask me himself? michael clifford may be an asshole, but he sure wasn't good at lying.