04 . into it

it was the next morning, last night after the campfire we all led the kids back to there cabins before heading of to ours

it was the next morning, last night after the campfire we all led the kids back to there cabins before heading of to ours. most of the night was spent with me and ash trying to catch a cricket in our room that wouldn't shut up. so we weren't able to get much sleep, the time was 8:30am, ash, paisley, and luke were all gone. they decided they would take all the kids to breakfast and sermon i guess, we would probably get in trouble for it later but sleeping in felt so good right now.

about last night, i honestly shrugged it off. i believe luke over michael (despite only knowing them each for a day), and if anything i'm sure michael was seeing if i had any shit he could make fun of me for, which i'm sure alcohol is not on that list.

the sun was just peaking through the cabin windows, a perfect amount of light to just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. i have to admit, i thought this was going to be a lot worse. i'd never say that out loud though, especially to paisley or my mom. they even announced that tonight we would be watching yogi bear by the seating area on a projector. although i would rather watch anything other than yogi bear, it's better than sitting around and hearing 10 year olds pray about getting new toys for an hour.

it felt a little awkward in the cabin however, michael was snoring quite loud, and although i couldn't see him from the top of the bunk bed i could assume he was on the floor right now.
jesus christ i'm gonna put a cork up his nostrils.

i threw my legs over the edge of the bed hopping down, nearly crushing michaels head with my heel. since it was so early, a swim in the creek wouldn't hurt, right? as horrible as it looked, i would much rather get my feet a little muddy than listen to michael snore for another half-hour.

each cabin had an assigned bathroom located outside, so i grabbed my pink bikini and ran over to the bathrooms to get changed and then hike up to the creek. for a second i contemplated taking one of the small bottles of booze with me, but it's only the second day of camp and i only got two bottles (blunts are saved for when i feel like this place is killing me slowly).

after getting changed i laced my converses back up and started to hike up to the creek located about a mile away from our cabin. technically the camp did have a man-made lake we could swim in but after catching a glimpse of it yesterday i dont think i ever wanna set foot near that murky brown water again.

the hike didnt feel too long, there was a thin mist in the air from the muggy night that kept me cool while walking. once i finally arrived at the creek i slipped my converses off and set my change of clothes down near a rock.

i went near the deepest part of the creek– which still wasn't very deep– and stepped in. i slowly slid down so i was sitting, the water was cool, not too cold. i tried to keep my mind off of all the creatures lurking in here and instead decided to focus on how nice the morning sun felt on my back.

michael wouldn't mind waking up alone in the cabin, he would probaly assume we were just pulling some sort of prank on him. i closed my eyes and floated on my back enjoying the cool water.

"i thought you refused to swim in the creek, huh?" i flipped up and turned my head around to be faced with a shit-eating-grinned michael, holding up my bag of clothes in one hand. "weren't you just sleeping like ten minutes ago?" i stood up, the water only being up to my hip. i pushed through the water towards michael to grab my stuff from him.

"yea more like thirty minutes ago. your not very quiet, i woke up the second you slammed the front door." he swung my bag teasingly pulling it back when i tried to grab it.

"so you fucking followed me up here? don't you think that's kind of creepy?" i pushed myself up out of the creek so i was face to face with michael, "well, what do you think." i huffed, could he get any more douche-y? i stood in front of him, squinting my eyes trying to read his face, was he joking or was he being serious, i wasn't quite sure.

the crisp air bit at my legs and arms, a chill running through me. i tried to snatch a towel from my bag but michael was a step ahead of me pulling the bag back and laughing. "what the hell do you want, just give me my bag i'm cold." i held the sides of my arms with my hands desperately trying to warm myself up.

"what do i want, that's kind of a dumb question don't you think? all anyone here really wants is fun. i'm just messing with you" he asserted. i took a second to look at him, to exam the way his silver hair stood up in odd ways due to sleeping, and the stubble that was already forming on his face despite only being here for one day already. im sure he noticed me staring since he let out a small laugh, i didn't exactly blush but i felt heat rush to my face before i took a step back from him, suddenly feeling too close.

"you should stop acting like you hate me. by the end of this summer we're gonna be best friends." he handed me the towel and kicked my converse over to me, i tilted my head at his sudden act of kindness. "you're just gonna give it to me?"

"im not a monster moxie, just wanted to get a rise out of you."