05 . dreams

"wait, so he was basically flirting with you?" paisley whisper-yelled at me

"wait, so he was basically flirting with you?" paisley whisper-yelled at me. we were sitting by the lake supervising our assigned kids that were swimming. ash, luke, and michael were assisting in the kitchen so it was just me and paisley.

"no! he was just messing with me, but he got all weird at the end." i adjusted my swim top, uncomfortable with the mention of what happened yesterday with michael. it's not supposed to feel weird, but it felt so off to me.

"admit it, you kinda liked it. you were totally eye fucking him in the cabin yesterday." she giggled, taking a sip of her lemonade. "sometimes i wanna punch you so hard." i huffed continuing to fumble with the tie on my bikini top. he wasn't even flirting, and if he was he wasn't the best at it. if there's anything i was worried about, it was the dream. the dream i had last night, it was one of those where you prayed to god- how ironic that were at a church camp- that people couldn't read your mind.

"mox, pucker up. what's wrong." she leaned over to her side so she was looking at me. her braids were pulled over to one shoulder and she had on a one piece white swim suit. i let out a shaky sigh, "you really wanna know?" she slowly nodded, almost as if she was unsure if she really wanted to know.

"i had this dream about-"

"you had a wet dream about michael!" she interrupted, a couple kids looking over at us. i covered her mouth with my hand.

"no! no it wasn't like that god no..." i mumbled, embarrassed to even admit it.

"give me the details! actually no, don't. was it good?" she rested her chin on her hand, eyes wide like she was ready to hear whatever nasty shit i was about to say.

"i'm not going to describe it to you, i already went through it once, i'm not going to again." i stated, letting out a huff of frustration knowing that paisley was going to keep bothering me about it until i caved in.

"you won't even give me a summary? c'mon mox! i'll cover your dinner shift tonight so you can stay back at the cabin if you tell me, pinky promise." she pouted, holding out her pinky, i sighed, caving in to her desires. i looked at the lake to make sure none of the kids were near-by, i dont need to be responsible for there first sex-ed lesson.

"ok, just keep quiet about it, and this is the only time we ever discuss it, capiche?" i tilted my head slightly, "capache!" she said, sitting up with a wide grin on her face. i knew that in a few weeks when paisley was whispering about this to ashton i would regret it. but at the moment i couldn't care less. i needed to tell paisley before this swallows me whole and it's all i can think about.

"it started at the creek. i guess it was stuck on my mind so when my dream started, it all went down there. once i got out of the creek i didn't have any clothes on, like no bikini no nothing. then he was there, it was me- butt-ass naked- and he was there in front of me at the creek."

"who was there, who was it?" paisley leaned forward whispering.

"michael god-dammit ok!" some of the kids looked over confused, but went back to playing right away. paisley's jaw dropped, she sat there dumbfounded before saying, "ok now i really have to hear the rest."

"fine, but im never saying this ever again. and you really cant tell anybody, ok" she nodded her head quickly, and i sucked in a fast breath.

"long version or short version?" i mumbled, not excited to go through this.

"short. i don't wanna hear about evrey detail of his penis." i gagged watching her giggle a bit. as much as i love paisley, i really wanted to get up and storm off. i was already mad at myself for having the dream (even though it's impossible to control things like that).

"so we left off when i was standing face to face with him." i sighed, realizing what i was just about to do.

"you can say his name moxie." she rolled her eyes at me.

"shh the other campers could hear. anyways, well i had no clothes obviously. but then it felt like i just blinked and he had no clothes. next thing you know were up against a tree and..."

"ok ive heard enough! tell me the rest later when i dont have an empty stomach." paisley blurted out.

it was currently 7pm, which meant it was dinner

it was currently 7pm, which meant it was dinner. the camp dinners were not exactly the best but they were better than foraging the woods for wild onions to snack on. even though my terrible atempt at letting paisley know about the dream was supposed to help, it didnt. i still felt like i needed to get something off my chest. almost like i needed to tell him myself. but i can guarantee you that will never happen. michael clifford can never find out about this, and if he does, i might have to leave this hell hole.