07 . heartbeat

content warning! smut is included in this chapter

not proofread

i threw my bag in the tent. accepting defeat from paisley, ive decided to make the best of this. they were all outside going on a small hike before we all went to sleep. i decided to stay back just to get comfy.

i pulled out the letter i wrote from earlier, sighing, reading it back to myself. i whispered the words, loud enough for only me to hear.

"what's that?" my head shot up from looking down at the letter, i shoved it under my thigh. standing there with a smug grin was none other than michael clifford. my breath got caught in my throat, i had something in mind i was going to say, but i couldnt seem to remember.

"just a letter from my parents." i mumbled, scooting even farther away from the tent entrance. "lying bastard, if you're gonna lie, be good at it." he chuckled before plopping down on a pillow right next to me. well, at least we have one thing in common. we can't lie for shit.

      i wish he would do something, anything to break the freezing silence. why can't he just pull out a cigarette, say he just forgot his bag in here, or even just walk in and walk out. but instead he's sitting here, frozen in time staring at the tent wall.

"i promise it's nothing. if this is because i didn't go hiking with you guys im-" before i could finish i felt the letter be snagged from the corner, it was in michael's hands. panic settles in, i try my best to jump over him and snatch the letter but he's got himself huddled in the tent corner reading it. what is there to do now, do i run? hide? maybe even sprint to the councilors cabin and just leave the camp as a whole?

i just sat there, still as a statue. i'm pretty sure my heartbeat even stopped for a few seconds. why did it even matter though, why do i care so fucking much about what he thinks about me. i barley even know the guy, why do i even care?

"this is amazing. truly a masterpiece." michael turns around, chuckling softly. i felt my hands clam up a bit, and for the split second he smiled at me, i swear on my life the earths rotation stopped for at least a few seconds. "i just don't understand why you chose not to go into more detail. your readers are going to want to know the whole story." i felt my breath get caught in my throat, the word vomit beginning to spill over. "there wasn't a great amount of detail to add." michael lelt out a chuckle, shuffling a little closer to me. i felt the tips of his knuckles just barely graze the edge of my thigh.

"oh, that's a shame. i was really looking forward to hearing the rest." michael sighed, playing an act just to get a rise out of me. i couldn't stand it, the smug smirk on his stupid mouth, his stupid silver blue hair, and most of all his stupid fucking face. i've had enough.

"michael just shut the fuck up! y- you didn't have the right to look at that letter. that was mine, and it was private. just use your god damn imagination if you wanna know the rest." i was ready to storm out of the tent, with my body close to the entrance, that was until i felt my hand being pulled. my body was yanked back into the tent, and i was face to face with a nervous looking michael.