Prologue.

Y/N's POV

Striking punch after punch on the boxing bag as sweat dripped down from my chin onto the dirty mat that barely gave the people who trained there any protection. Well, who am i kidding? I'm the only one who trains here. I'm the one keeping this place up and running even though most think of it as abandoned. It does the work for me, doesn't attract attention and i can train on doing the only thing i know how to do, hurt people. 

I've been hitting this fucking thing for 2 hours now, slowly i reach the point that my arms start to go numb and the chain connecting the punching bag to the ceiling begins to crack. "Don't you think it's time you rest?" i let out a low grunt as my hands drop to my sides. 

I know well that voice, one of the few people i trust, my manager. "No." I reply simply before pulling up my tired limbs striking again and again as more sweat formed on my face and body. "I know it is a big fight, probably the biggest one of your life. But you know what else is good except training?" 

Another fierce punch connects to the bag finally making the chain snap and sending it flying over the wall. "What is it, Mark?" i ask catching my breath slowly as i turn to face the man wearing a suit, good one, with the standards of Zaun. 

"A good rest. What good will all this training be if you step into the ring and you cant lift your arms up?" Mark said, taking it in for a moment i pause and think on it. A sigh left my lips as i pressed them into a thin line and took of my gloves letting my hands to 'breathe'.

Sweaty as i was i walk over and hang them on the wall and take the gray towel. "Fine." i simply reply before walking into the lockers to wash myself and put on my clothes. 

                                                                              Third Person POV

Walking down the street with a hood over his head Y/N gets into an alleyway and moves towards a door being secured by a single person. Giving said person a stare Y/N proceeds to walk inside no problems needed.

Upon reaching the seconds floor of the building he knocks three times on a wooden door to be greeted by the same man that stopped the athlete from spending the entire day in the gym. "Come on in." 

Y/N just huffs and walks inside the apartment. "What did you want, Mark?" the younger male asked sitting down on a chair without even waiting for permission. 

His manager cleared his throat before walking and sitting on the couch on Y/N's left. "Your upcomming fight, in two days-" 

Just then the TV mark had open in the news channel started to echo in the room. 

"And now, moving into the music industry. The group known as True Damage just released their new song called GIANTS-"

"Cut it." Y/N growled tightening his fists inside his pockets earning a concerned look from his manager. "Y/N... it has been so long-" Mark didn't have a chance to speak back. "I said. Cut It." the fighter repeated his voice raised more than before.

Mark just nodded turning the TV off and returning his focus on the news he wanted to deliver to Y/N. "So your fight, the biggest event of the year. People from the RMMA will be there." 

                                                                          Y/N's POV

The RMMA? The Runeterra MMA? Biggest MMA promotion in the world based in Piltover? "So?" i simply reply keeping my gaze fixed at him wasting no time. "So, they are scouting." 

This is the last thing i wanted, something else to distract me. "Don't care." i push myself on my feet and look down at him sitting on the couch before walking towards the door that's when he walks infront of me practically blocking my way out of this shit hole. 

"Listen, just put on a show like you usually do, defend your Undercity Championship and you might get a contract to the big league." slightly irritated i raise my eye brow at him before taking a sharp breath. 

"I am the big league." i whisper to him and shove my way past him. 

Walking down the moody streets of Zaun i can't help but drown into my own thoughts. This city does it to you, you tend to get so fucking sick of all this crap that you isolate yourself into the furthest corners of the mind. 

Do i really want to go to Piltover? Is that place really made for me? Better question, Am i made for that place? So many questions that i just don't have the patience to figure out. Making quick my way through the people i am standing at my doorstep. 

The door creaks when i push it open as it is almost broken down. Throwing my key's on the counter i then walk over to the table that my Undercity Championship rests upon. 

"May i raise you one last time."