Chapter 5 - Life brings people together in mysterious ways.

Y/N's POV

"What do you mean the event is delayed?" 

I basically shouted as Mark on the other end of the phone informed me about the fight that was supposed to be tomorrow, now it is supposively next week. 

"That they told me the event will take place in a week. There was trouble last night near the Arena. Two enforcers reported drug dealings and that the suspects were armed. And management thought that its best for you, the fighters and for the fans to not rush things when you all can be in danger." 

I hate how calm he can be about things like this. A week delay on the fight is a week delay on our paycheck. Only bright side is that there is more time for training. 

"Y/N, are you there?" 

His voice caused me to press my lips into a thin line and take a few deep breaths. 

"Yes. If the fight is delayed then i will be going to the gym in a few." 

As soon as i'm about to hang up the call he speaks, i manage to stop my finger inches away from the screen before bringing the device up against my ear. 

"Wait! In three hours i want you to be at the management office of RMMA. Business stuff." 

A frown forms on my face when i look out of the window momentarily before sighing. 

"Swing by the gym and get me. Bye." 

I could tell he was about to protest but before he could say a single word i had my phone already closed and in my right pocket before pushing myself up from the couch. 

Making my way through the hallways relatively quickly i reach my bedroom. Upon entering i take a few seconds and my eyes wander around the room, it still doesn't feel real from time to time. It wasn't even that long before i was living in the basement of a rundown building with rats running all over my shit. 

Sometimes i tell myself i should be taking some time to be greatful and say a damn 'good job' to myself. But no, taking comfort in what i already have will only keep me at bay from achieving even more. Becoming greater. 

The goal is one, always has been. 

                                                                              Flashback, Y/N's POV

My entire body is hurting like a bitch. Many will say that fighting is not that bad, that fighting is fake. And to that i say bullshit. Or at least they haven't had a fight in Zaun. Here a fight is like an underworld fight. Everything goes, no mercy nor remorse. At least in the lower quality fighting companies. They, they just want blood.

Because blood is the only thing that can entertain this sick bastards down here in Zaun. Seeing a person being beaten to death or chocking on his own blood, for that, they will pay. And good. 

"Y/N?" 

My head turns slightly because of the stiffness and the pain in my neck. It's enough though to look at the young boy infront of me. Same age as me, dark skin and white hair. 

"Something wrong Ekko?" 

I ask as he hands me an ice pack to ease the neck pain. I press it tightly against the spot that hurts the most fealing the nerves there being slightly relived.