2༄𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙯𝙤𝙣

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

"Why do you keep living?"

The question caught the large man off guard. A child asking such a dark inquiry, it felt solemn. He struck a concerned look at his daughter, and saw she held a ghost of a smile across her lips while keeping her gaze to the Moon.

"For you."

He simply answered while looking back at the sky. The stars seemed to shift under the Moon's dim glow on tonight's cloudy sky, making him feeling like he was in a slow and calm merry-go-round. He heard a small giggle at his answer.

"Then why must I keep living?"

"For your dream."

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

Sea stone cuffs were rung tightly around her wrists and ankles, and every second that passed with them on only made her weaker and weaker. A black eye adorned her face on her left eye, with bruises and cuts decorating her night gown and body. She had absolutely no idea where her sword had went, which made her worry even more. Tied up against the railings of the deck, Marco sat next to her to make sure she didn't get near anybody, and nobody went near her while in her rather pitiful state. With the first commander next to her, nobody dared to even glance at her.

Her eyes were half lidded from exhaustion. From sailing across half an ocean, to facing Whitebeard, to getting thrown to the floor by the yonko. Her head bobbled around every so often, her horns scratching the wooden rails and earning a scold from the phoenix each time.

"Honestly, what kind of idiot are you to ask Pops a favor, then try to fight him." The blond said while looking disapprovingly at the tall young woman. She simply laughed with a big ol' grin on her scarred face. The chains from the cuffs jingled at her action.

"I was just trying to see if he was as strong as the stories say." Her voice was still smooth despite her burly appearance. To this, the commander sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose. He was glad she somehow survived the geezer's punch, but angered at the fact she tried to disrespect him at the same time. All his feelings towards her felt...complicated. The poor man couldn't quite understand himself despite him basically being the therapist of the crew.

"I can't heal you until you stop tryin' to battle him, yoi." A small blue and yellow glow emitted from his palm. As soon as the first ember escaped from his hand, the young woman tried to free herself knowing it'd be no avail. Fear clouded her eyes with a frown forming upon her face. "G-get that away from me." she muttered while curling her knees up to her chest. The man instantly put out the flame and watched as her eyes unfocused. She slowly shifted back to her initial place while ducking her head low.