𝟲༄𝙈𝙚𝙨𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

She loved the loud noises. The booming, ear bleeding, gong that signified her father's return to the island after a long day. She loved his loud laugh and his stomping when he watched her dance and spar. She loved the cheer of her father's goons partying with bright lights and music. She loved the loud clang of her large sword against her fathers spiked metal club.

But she loved the quiet, subtle noises more. The sound when she stomps in fresh soft snow, when the sound of water droplets from the year's rainy season hits her body, most of all, the quiet winds that blew through her hair while she talked with her father on top of the island.

Closing her eyes, hearing the sounds of the ocean beneath her, her heart beating softly in her chest, and the voice of the Moon telling her the stories of the humans she's seen throughout the years.

"What does it tell you this time?"

Her father asked quietly, almost a whisper coming from his mountain like body. He didn't dare to disturb her concentration.

"She tells me there was once a great pirate, eight hundred years ago..." The small girl mumbled while the whispers from the craters grew louder.

"Joy Boy."

Her father's heart nearly skipped a beat. What a horrible name he had to hear.

"He had a wife."

She smiled, unaware of her quivering father.

"Mother Misery."

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

The desert kingdom of Alabasta. Considered a Paradise in the Grandline with a loving king, Nefetari Cobra, and even one of the Seven Warlords guarding its citizens. It's known for its bold spices and perfumes, its friendly people, and of course its grueling desert that held ancient artifacts.

The Marine party that was led under Captain Smoker, pursued the Strawhats to this wondrous place. Walking through the fabled bazaars and stalls of Nanohana, it looked like he didn't enjoy all the commotion. There were stares and whispers from all the people as they stalked, side-eyed, and scouted the area of any traces for a certain pirate.