ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

chapter one:
' since when did we have a club to kick ass? '

chapter one:' since when did we have a club to kick ass? '

the thrill. that's what Narine Fujihara loved about her sport. there was no better feeling than walking onto the mat awaiting her chance to fight her opponent. the thrill of not knowing their strong or weak points and just going full force with the confidence that she will win. the thrill of feeling her leg or fist connect with its target and the judges giving her point after point. that's what she loved. she also loved to win.

it wasn't a rare occurrence for the girl to win her fights. people always doubted her skills since she was on the shorter side compared to her competitors, but watching their expressions change as she nails a kick to the head on a six foot tall challenger always boosts her morale.

there's no doubt that Narine wants to be the best. she'd had that mindset since she started karate at the age of five. and the girl did not fail to prove that each and every time she set foot on the mat. for practice, during training classes, and in the nationwide tournaments, Narine always did her best.

though her best was never enough when it came to a certain brown haired boy in her class. he got all the praise at the school. he was number one. and he played a completely different sport. and yet no matter how hard she tried, Narine could not compete with Tooru Oikawa.

the two were total opposites, yet he was always one step ahead of her. one point away from her in test grades. his team was first in popularity, while her's was second. he got all the praise in the world while she got the bare minimum.

the only thing they had in common was that they lived under the same stars. and also of of this day, they both got knee injuries at practice.

"you got injured again?" the school nurse asked Narine as she limped into the room. because she tried to surpass her own limits whenever she could, Narine had a habit of injuring herself, "you need to be careful before one of these injuries becomes permanent"

Narine flopped herself down onto one of the nurses beds, "ill be fine, it's just a minor sprain. I just need some ice and pain killers"

the nurse sighed at the girls stubbornness and grabbed an ice pack and some medicine for her pain. Narine propped her knee up with some extra pillows and rested the ice pack on the side of her knee. she was practicing a new kick to try at her next tournament and ended up twisting her knee. a clumsy mistake.

after a few minutes another person walked in. a fellow third year with floppy brown hair who leaned onto his best friend for support as he limped into the room.

the nurse once again sighed, "you too? is everyone hurting their knees today? and captains at that?"

the injured boy shot the woman a charming smile, "don't you worry, nurse, i'll be all healed up tomorrow! just need to rest this for a bit"

"shut up trashykawa and get on the bed" Hajime Iwaizumi said angrily to his friend as he helped him over to the bed beside Narine. the dark haired boy turned to the girl, "what did you do this time, Fujihara?"

the girl pursed her lips and shrunk a bit under his intimidating gaze, "I twisted my knee in practice"

Iwaizumi's expression stayed the same, "we had practice earlier, are you seriously still practicing on your own when I told you it's not safe?"

Narine looked away from the boy, "it's not a big deal... I'll be fine in a couple days once the swelling goes down"

Oikawa watched their interaction with confusion, "Iwa, how do you know this girl?"

Narine nearly scoffed aloud at his question. of course the famous Oikawa had no idea who she was. all her cared about was volleyball, his fangirls, and milkbread.

Iwaizumi smacked his friend in the head, "I told you i'm in the martial arts club too, loserkawa. she's the captain of our team and the best in the prefecture shittykawa!"

"you don't have to be so rude, Iwa! and since when did we have a club to kick ass?"

"since the school opened, are you that dumb that you didn't notice that our teams are the best we have at our school?"

it was now Narine's turn to watch the boys, but this time she found it amusing. for being one of the smartest in their class, Oikawa wasn't very aware of his surroundings. she leaned back onto the bed with a sigh as the pain in her knee began to subside a bit thanks to the medicine.

"sorry, sorry... so do you have a name, captain?" Oikawa asked the girl in the bed next to him.

though before she could answer, Iwaizumi did for her, "her name is Narine Fujihara. she's literally in our class, dumbass"

Narine turned her head to face the boys, "I can speak for myself, Iwaizumi. I hurt my knee not my mouth. go back to practice mr. vice captain"

Iwaizumi had no snarky remark to make with Narine, so he nodded, hit Oikawa on the leg, and then left the room to head back to volleyball practice.

Oikawa gasped, "how come Iwa is mean to me and not you?!"

Narine smirked at the boy, "because i'm not a dumbass, loserkawa"

Oikawa pouted at the nickname, "you're mean just like Iwa"

silence followed his comment. Narine didn't feel like talking to Oikawa anymore. three years of being at the same school as him and now he decided to acknowledge her? utter bullshit.

"say, you're pretty cute. would you want to-"

"shut up before I punch you in the face"

"yes ma'am"