ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

chapter four:
' so perfect '

"holy shit he wasn't lying" Chika gasped in awe at the lasted post by Oikawa on instagram and the video playing on the projector in their classroom

his post consisted of a couple of Narine's sparring matches at her most recent tournaments with him absolutely praising her 'god-like skills' in his caption. the video that played in their homeroom class was a compilation of those same matches along with pictures and videos from when she was younger.

"Narine is going to go ballistic when she sees this" she spoke to Iwaizumi who stood beside her, his face full with just as much surprise. he had no idea Oikawa had this planned.

the classroom door slammed open, the tiny but very mighty Narine Fujihara standing in the doorway.

"WHERE IS HE?!" she shouted in a quite very angry tone. her voice scared Chika and Iwaizumi, as well as all of the students who were now watching the video in class. he was going to be in deep shit.

the man himself stood in the front of the class, "yahoo! Fujihara! lookie~"

if looks could kill, Oikawa would be buried all the way into the earth's crust. the girl had a threatening aura around her which petrified everyone that looked at her, but surprisingly Oikawa didn't bat an eye.

"do you like it?" he asked, his eyes sparkling with curiosity. in honesty he was nervous for her answer. he had worked on this all weekend and had watched youtube tutorials on how to edit videos to make it perfect.

Narine sucked her lips in to keep herself from saying the amount of curses she wanted to shout. her entire face was red, both from anger and the weird feeling she was getting from the thought of him doing all of this for her.

instead of speaking she grabbed his arm, dragging him out of the classroom and down the hall into an empty club room.

"what the hell do you think you're doing?" she asked with crossed arms as soon as she shut the door so that no one could hear their conversation. her tone was more calm than before, but depending on his answer that may change.

"I told you I would help you get noticed. so far i've seen only undying support for your profession and amazement at your skills"

"and I told you that I don't need your help. I can prove that i'm the best athlete all on my own. why are you trying so hard?"

truthfully, Oikawa didn't have an answer. he just wanted to. he wanted more people to recognize her. he wanted them to be as in awe with her as he was. he just wanted to prove that she was the best to the whole school, hell, even the whole world. as soon as he saw the first video of her he felt this way.

he realized that he stayed silent for too long, because Narine continued to speak.

"damnit, Oikawa, how are you so perfect? why is it that no matter how hard I try I can never be as great as you?!"

though her tone of voice had risen, her anger had subsided, and tears were threatening to fall down her cheeks. Oikawa thought that she was so angry and embarrassed by what he did that she started crying, but in reality, they were tears of joy. she was grateful for what he did. no one she knew, especially a stranger at that, had put this much thought and hard work into showing her off.

Oikawa quickly recovered from his thoughts and grabbed his handkerchief, leaning down to wipe her tears away, "it's you who is perfect, sweetheart, you are far better than I ever will be. and I want everyone to see that"

her eyes widened at his gesture and words. she had never experienced anything like this. her cheeks flushed red as she sniffled and covered her face with her hands.

"don't say shit like that, dumbass" she mumbled behind her hands.

"it's the truth," Oikawa responded, fighting back the urge to hug the crying girl, "the second I the video of you kicking that guys ass at the tournament last month I thought 'wow, this girl is a total badass' and I immediately wanted to know more about you"

Narine refused to believe his words. she didn't want to believe that the Tooru Oikawa thought so highly of her, that he yearned to know her. she couldn't believe that after all this time, now he wants to be apart of her life.

and so she didn't. she didn't need him anyways. knowing him anymore than she already did would only cause trouble.

she removed her hands from her face and took a deep breath, her eyes turned sharp like daggers, "I don't need your help and I sure as hell don't want to be your friend. it would be best for you to stop trying and forget about me"

with that she walked out of the room, leaving Oikawa to stand there in shock, and honestly, a broken heart. he put his time and hard work into that video and that post. he poured his heart out to her, something he's never done. and she didn't care.

it was foolish for him to feel so hurt about it. he only knew her for less than a week. but he couldn't help that he was infatuated with Narine Fujihara. the only person he would ever admit defeat to.

because for this battle, she was the winner.