ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

chapter five:
' master of feelings '

life went back to the way it used to be for Narine by the time the next week arrived

life went back to the way it used to be for Narine by the time the next week arrived. the swelling in her knee had went away and she could bend it like normal so she could finally go back to practice. she didn't talk to Oikawa after the previous monday. there was nothing she had left to say to him.

but he had so many things to say to her, he just couldn't find the courage to say them. she refused to even look in his direction, but his eyes were always on her. he was hurt. he couldn't believe that he was so hurt because of her. she had him wrapped around her smaller, calloused finger.

Iwaizumi watched as he best friend fought inside his head for what he should do. he too was back to being able to practice volleyball, and Iwaizumi needed his captain at his best for the preliminaries. they had to go to nationals. that was Oikawa's dream.

"it's not polite to stare, trashykawa," the ace spoke as he sipped his juice box. the two sat with their team in the cafeteria for lunch, and Oikawa was watching Narine a couple feet away at her own table, "see, this is the exact reason I didn't introduce you to her before. you're all butthurt because you can't take a hint"

Oikawa shrugged, "I can't help that I want her"

another third year from the volleyball team, Takahrio Hanamaki, scoffed as he entered the conversation, "yeah that's never happening. she for real hates your guts"

the setter laid his head in his hands, the stress of his now healed injury and everything that has happened with Narine now clouded his mind. volleyball was his world, but he couldn't ignore the fact that he wanted Narine in his life. and the only way that could happen was if she stopped hating him.

"help me~" he pleaded to his third year friends.

they gave each other a knowing look, "dude just let her go," Issei Matsukawa said, "if she doesn't want you, then don't push it"

Oikawa slammed his head against the table. he didn't want to just let it go and forget. he was already too deep in. in only a week, Narine had stolen his heart and mind. he was a fool for letting it happen, and even more of a fool to not stop it.

"i'm going home," he muttered against the table. he then pried himself up and grabbed his bag, "tell them I got sick or something"

Chika Ohara watched as the volleyball captain left his table and passed by theirs as he walked out of the cafeteria.

"you really fucked him up," she said towards her best friend, "poor guy looks miserable"

Narine didn't bother to look up as she finished her noodles, "I really don't care. he's probably being dramatic like always"

as he passed by then, Chika could see the bags under his eyes, the hollowness behind them. he practically dragged himself out of the large room.

she sighed at her friends nonchalant tone. she knew that Narine wasn't the biggest fan of Oikawa, but damn. she was typically a kind person, but when she hated someone, she fucking hated them.