ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx

chapter six
' I think you're pretty special '

chapter six' I think you're pretty special '

why?

Narine had been asking herself that the silent car ride. why did she look at him? why did she talk to him? why did she let him in the car? why were they sitting in silence?

'you should at least try to talk to him'

her best friends words stuck. that's the reason she brought him in the car in the first place. but they second he got in, both of them were at a loss for words. things didn't go well the last time they talked a week ago. now it was just awkward. they felt like strangers.

Narine had one arm hanging out the window as she drove with the other, but after having enough of the unbearable silence, she sighed, straightening up her posture and rolling up the windows as well.

"i'm sorry for being an ass," she said, grabbing his attention, "I was just...surprised...that you care so much"

Oikawa fixed his posture as well, resting his hands in his lap, "is that a bad thing?"

Narine bit down on the inside of her bottom gums, a habit she did out of nerves, "i'm not sure yet. but what I am sure of is that I don't hate you as a person. I just hate that everyone loves you"

Oikawa fidgeted with the knee brace underneath his school pants, "do you want to love me?"

they approached another red light. by this time the sky has grown dark. the only light came from the street lights and the moon and stars.

"I want to understand you. I want to know why you care. I don't want the bullshit of 'because you're awesome'. I already know i'm good at what I do. I want to know the real reason you want to be in my life"

the male chuckled, twisting his body a tiny bit to face her, "i'm still trying to figure that out myself. I just feel drawn to you, we have a lot in common"

Narine scoffed, "the only thing we have in common is that we see the same stars," she says, gesturing up towards the night sky.

a sly smirk forms on his face, "is that what you really think?"

the light turned green and Narine pressed on the gas once again, "yes, it is. now my turn...why did you leave school early?"

his grin fell, "I needed to think about stuff"

"what kind of stuff?"

his grin immediately came back, "look who's interested now"

she scoffed, "i'm just curious as to why you spent half the day walking around town. it must've been important if you were still out by the time i was on the way home after practice. and besides, don't you have a hurt knee?"

"aw, you do care about me, Hara!" Oikawa coo'd in a lighter voice, "and here I thought you were incapable of true emotions"

the girl laughed, "I do have emotions, I just don't let many people see them. now answer the damn question"