ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

chapter two:
' a lot more in common '

Narine didn't go back to school until friday, two days after her injury and when she had her first conversation with Oikawa

Narine didn't go back to school until friday, two days after her injury and when she had her first conversation with Oikawa. when she arrived home that day and informed her dad about her knee he immediately took her to the doctor to make sure it wasn't a severe injury, and when it was confirmed that her injury was minor and would heal on its own, her father still insisted that she stayed home the next day to rest.

the dark blue haired girl had gotten her drivers license at the beginning of the school year, so she was happy that she could drive to school and didn't have to walk with her injured knee slowing her down.

she wore a white support brace for her knee to match her lavender and cream-colored school uniform. she promised her father she would wear it all day while she was at school, and as the club's coach, he practically banned her from practicing with her team, which annoyed her to high levels. she couldn't be the best if she couldn't practice. it would just hold her back.

besides not being able to practice, nothing else concerning school had changed. no one approached her except her teammates, but the ones she shared class with was Iwaizumi and her best friend Chika Ohara.

"Narine!" her best friend called for her as she entered the classroom. the captain gave her friend a small, genuine smile and sat down in her stop next to her, "i'm so glad you're back, practice was hell with Iwaizumi taking over! he made us do this intense workout and I swear my arms almost fell off!"

their team consisted of 12 students, and in the club they all worked on flexibility and strength to help master the three types of martial arts their club used: Karate, Taekwondo, and Jujitsu. though for tournaments, they had 4 students compete in each division. Narine competed in Karate, Chika in Taekwondo, and Iwaizumi in Jujitsu. they were the only third years on the team and therefore the 'leaders' of each division. though Narine was the captain of the entire team since she had been competing practically her entire life, and her father being the coach had another factor in the decision.

the man of topic the approached the two girls, his tall and always intense aura startling them both, "you need to strengthen those flimsy arms of yours, Ohara. all your muscle is in your damn legs"

the blonde girl propped her leg up on the table, showing off her leg muscles, "these rocking calves didn't pop up over night! it takes dedication to get this shit. I bet I can even crush a watermelon between these thighs!"

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes at his blonde teammate and turned his attention towards the captain, "how's your knee doing? eager to get back to practice?"

Narine groaned, "ugh, you have no idea! this shit hurts like a bitch though and my dad and the doctor said I won't be able to participate for two weeks. what the hell am I supposed to do until then?!"

Iwaizumi and Chika exchanged a quick look. Narine had told her about what happened at the nurses office, and she and Iwaizumi talked about it when Narine was gone the day before.