VIII - The One with the Homecoming Dance Pt. 2

(February 14 - Brüschweiler Homecoming Dance)

*Irene's POV*

It's been more than an hour and I still haven't seen her. Yes, I told myself that I will not think of her and just enjoy the night but I can't help it. I always end up looking for her.

Did she ditch the dance with Jennie?

Where did they go?

Wendy: Hello! Earth to Irene!

"H-ha? What?"

Joy: You're spacing out, Rene. What's wrong?

"O-oh, nothing. I'm just a bit overwhelmed with the crowd."

Wendy: Are you sure?

"Yeah. You know me, I'm not used to this kind of environment with many people."

Joy: We can just stay here at the table, if you're not comfortable, Rene.

"Oh no! You and Wendy should go have fun on the dance floor."

I gave my friends a confident smile so they won't worry about me.

Wendy: Are you sure?

"Yes. Now go. I'll just go get some refreshment and I'll join you later."

Joy: Okay. This girl here has been itching to party.

Wendy: Oh god! You bet I am! Join us after okay?"

I nodded and the 2 went to the dance floor while I get some refreshments.

As I get my drink, I was startled when someone suddenly talked to me.

"Hey, you look beautiful tonight."

I turned around and looked at him.

"Oh hi, Suho."

Suho: So, no date tonight huh?

"Date? I'm with my girls. I don't need a date." I said to him coldly.

Suho: That's good then. I won't get jealous tonight.

"Okay? Excuse me." I try to excuse myself.

Suho: Irene!

"What?"

Suho: Would you like to dance?

"Yes. That's why I excuse myself. I'm about to go to my friends. I'll dance with them. Excuse me again."

I turned my back on him and didn't look back. I don't want to see his expression. Yes, I may be cold but I'm not a robot to feel guilty whenever I turn down someone.

I make my way to Wendy and Joy and they are having so much fun. They are dancing like crazy, especially Wendy. She's indeed a party girl.

My friends were only meters away from me when my eyes suddenly landed on someone on the corner.

She's here..

With her..

They look happy and they're holding hands.

*Lisa's POV*

I can't explain my feelings for tonight. First, the girl that I like agreed to be my girlfriend and then she kissed me. On the lips! Yes! On the lips!

Could this night get any better?

The band for tonight is really great. They keep on playing hype songs and I heard they are going to announce the homecoming King and Queen anytime soon.