XXI - The One with the Awkward Concert Night

{After a month}

*Jennie's POV*

It's been a month since the last time I saw Lisa. It's really frustrating because whenever I'm free, she's not and whenever she's free, I'm either on a very important meeting I couldn't just cancel or I'm outside the country, attending events.

Today, I received 3 complimentary concert tickets from Hoyeon. She got it from a friend of hers and actually wanted to go to the concert tomorrow night with me but she will fly today to Paris for a photoshoot. Lucky me, she gave the other tickets to me so I can ask two friends with me. I immediately thought of inviting Lisa and Rosé since I know they haven't seen each other for a long time.

Maybe the reason why they weren't friends anymore is because they lost communication with each other too. This is a good opportunity for them to rekindle their friendship and also for me to spend time with Lisa and my best friend Rosie.

{Typing}

Hey Lili, are you free tomorrow night? I have VIP tickets for NIKI and I was wondering if you can come with me tomorrow? 👉👈

{Sent}

{Typing}

Rosieposie! I have VIP tickets for NIKI, are you free tomorrow night? 🤞

{Sent}

It wasn't even a minute had passed when I saw a message from Chaé.

Rosie: OMG! Sure! Send me the deets! Let's meet somewhere before the concert starts 🥰

Yey! I'm so excited Chaé will come though I'm still waiting for Lisa's reply. Maybe she's busy right now. I hope she's free tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to the concert. I always loved NIKI's music, especially my all-time favorite song, "Lowkey".

I kept on looking at my phone whenever it lit up just to see if Lisa replied. I'm starting to get anxious. What if she's not free? I mean I understand she's a big-time photographer now and my invitation is so sudden that she can't attend tomorrow. I hope she does. I know I will enjoy the concert with Chaé but I still want to watch it with Lisa.

I think the universe was listening to me when finally I saw my phone lit up and saw that it was from Lisa. I immediately opened the message.

Lili 💛: Hi Nini! NIKI's here?! I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon with a client but I think it won't take that long. Sure! Let's meet before the concert starts 😊

I saw my secretary peek at my door to see me. I think she heard the squeal that I was trying to hold.

 I think she heard the squeal that I was trying to hold