Chapter 6: Car Chase

After escaping from Robotnik and Knuckles the echidna, they knew that they were being chased by Knuckles while amazed Tails has introduced himself to the twins. Tris couldn't help but watch Knuckles chasing them with an angry look on his face. She felt distressed, and couldn't understand why he doesn't remember her from their childhood.

As Sonic continued talking to Tails, "Cool, also... What is going on!?" He demanded, "Robotnik's back, and Tris, how do you know about the Clifford the big red rage monster!?"

Tris sweatdropped as she looked away. "It's a long story... I've known him since childhood..."

"Then why didn't you tell me that you have a childhood friend before we were sent here by Longclaw!?" Sonic argued.

"I didn't want you to be upset before I didn't remember ten years ago until I finally remember his face, Sonic!" Tris argued back.

"But why!?"

"We don't have time to argue, Sonic!" Tris snapped with a frowning look.

"I forgot what the Clifford the big red rage monster's name is!" Sonic exclaimed, panicked.

"That's Knuckles. He's one of the last echidna." Tails proceeded to tell him about Knuckles—the most dangerous warrior in the galaxy—who is obsessed with finding the Master Emerald. Sonic dismissed the Emerald as a bedtime story, but Tails told him that Knuckles believes otherwise and that Sonic and Tris are the keys to it.

As Sonic took over the wheel though, Knuckles quickly caught up to them and began tearing the car apart. Tails, however, has them drive over a cliff. To Sonic and Tris' surprise, however, Tails was able to haul them to safety by using his twin tails like helicopter blades.

Meanwhile, Knuckles managed to get off the car and latch onto the cliff while the police cruiser is destroyed upon hitting the ground below and exploding. He glared at the three, knowing they were escaping.