Chapter 4: Robotnik's Return and Unexpected Guest

Tom and Maddie are preparing to head to Hawaii for Rachel's wedding. As they entered their living room, they find Sonic, Tris, and Ozzie playing the roles of fight attendances in front of a Ring portal leading to the couple's destination.

After giving Tom and Maddie their sendoff, Tom asked for a hug, but Sonic declined, seeing as they're going to be home alone for the first time and are therefore too mature for it. At Maddie's suggestion, they power-bump instead. Sonic then gives Tom a Ring that they can use to go home with, and the couple says Sonic and Tris goodbye as the portal closes.

Once they are gone though, Sonic is determined to have fun with Ozzie and Tris for the next two days while Tom and Maddie are gone. He proceeded to party it up, leaving the house a mess along the way.

***

During the night, Tris and Sonic are watching TV with Ozzie when a blackout suddenly hits. Although thrilled at first, the hedgehog twins noticed something is wrong when the TV turns on by itself and the lights started to flicker. As Sonic headed for the front door to investigate, however, the handle gets cut off, leaving the door to open and reveal Robotnik. 

"Eggman!?" Sonic and Tris exclaimed in surprise.

"Hello, hedgehogs. Did you miss me?"

A lightning strikes as the twins was shocked at the return of Robotnik that broke into their house. Their faces immediately changed to anger.

"We don't know how you got back, but you're making a big mistake coming here," Sonic said in anger.

"Oh, contrermo freyr. The mistake was thinking you two won. But that was just a prelude, an orderf, an a poteaf, and a musbush."

"We get it," Tris growled, gritting her teeth in anger as they have enough with Robotnik.

He chuckled, "I don't think you two do." He said, walking towards them, "But you're about to and so will that idiot sheriff and his wife..." -Sonic's first clenched as it glowed blue with lightning- "And your little dog, too!"

Then Sonic proceeded to charge at Robotnik, only for him to step aside and reveal a red echidna, who punches Sonic through a wall with a TV, which shocked Tris.

"Sonic!" Tris cried out as she ran towards him and helped him stand up until she looked up and saw a red echidna standing in front of them through the wall he made.

"Pitiful." He scoffed with shame.

Sonic narrowed his green eyes as he shook them. "Who are you?"

Robotnik popped his head into the hole with a grinning look. "Where are my manners?" He said as he and a red echidna approached them, "Sonic, Tris, meet Knuckles. My new BFFAE. Bestest friend forever and ever."

Then Tris blinked her eyes in shock, hearing the word 'Knuckles' as she recognized him instantly. Her eyes trembled in surprise, seeing an angry echidna but a younger echidna from her childhood.

"Kn... Knuckles...?"