___CHAPTER 3___

I'm not satisfied with the votes but still thought to write 🙂

So let's read & enjoy...💕✌️

Let's start...

Avneet:- excuse my interrupting you. You say, 'my oxen Meadows ....' But are they yours?

Siddharth:- yes, mine.

Avneet:- what are you talking about? Oxen Meadows are ours, not yours!

Siddharth:- No mine, Miss Nandra.

Avneet:- well, I never knew that before. How do you make that out?

Siddharth:- how? I'm speaking of those Oxen Meadows which are wedged in between your Birchwood and the Burnt Marsh.

Avneet:- Yes, Yes .... They're ours.

Siddharth:- No, you're mistaken, Miss Nandra, they're mine.

Avneet:- Just think, Mr. Nigam! How long have they been yours?

Siddharth:- How long ? As long as I can remember.

Avneet:- Really, you won't get me to believe that!

Siddharth:- But you can see from the documents, Miss Nandra. Oxen Meadows. it's true, where once the subject to dispute, but now everybody knows that they are mine. There's nothing to argue about. You see, my aunt's grandmother gave the free use to these of these Meadows in prepetuity to the presents of your father's grandfather, in return for which they were to make bricks for her. The peasants belonging to your father's grandfather had the free use of the Meadows for 40 years, & got into the habit of regarding them as their own, when it happened that ....

He is saying further but she interrupt in between like before....

*Note*

(Dispute:- quarrel; Perpetuity:- continuity)

*Back to story*

Avneet:- No, it isn't at all like that! Both my grandfather and great-grandfather reckoned that their land acxtended to Burnt Marsh----which means that Oxen Meadows were ours. I don't see what there is to argue about. It's simply silly!

Siddharth:- I'll show you the documents, Miss Nandra.

Avneet:- No, you're simply joking, or making fun of me .... What a surprise! We've had the land for nearly 300 years, and then we're suddenly told that it isn't ours! Mr. Nigam, I can hardly believe my own ears .... These Meadows aren't worthmuch to me. They are only come to 5 dessiatins [Note: 13.5 acres], & are worth perhaps 300 roubles but I can't stand unfairness. Say what you will, but I can't stand unfairness.

Siddharth:- Here me out, I am implore you! The peasants of your father's grandfather, as I have already had the honour explaining to you, use to bake bricks of my aunt's grandmother. Now my aunt's grandmother, wishing to make them pleasant ....

Avneet:- I can't make head or tail of all this about aunts & grandfathers and grandmothers. The Meadows are ours, & that's all.

Siddharth:- Mine!

Avneet:- Ours! You can go on it for 2 days on end, you can go and put on 15 dress jackets, but I tell you they're our, ours, ours! I don't want anything of yours and I don't want to give up anything of mine. So there!

Siddharth:- Miss Nandra, I don't want the Meadows, but I am acting on principle. If you like, I'll make you a present of them.

Avneet:- I can make you a present of them myself, because they're mine! Your behaviour, Mr. Nigam, is strange, to say the least! Up to this we have always thought of you as a good neighbour, of friend: last year will lent you our threshing-machine, although on that account we had to put off our own threshing till November, but you behave to us as if we were Gypsies. Giving me my ownbland, indeed! No, really, that's not at all neighbourly! In my opinion it's even impudent if you want to know

........

Siddharth:- Then you make out that I'm a land-grabber? Madam, never in my life have a grabbed anybody else's land, & I shan't allow anybody accuse me of having done so .... {He Quickly steps to the carafe and drinks more water} Oxen Meadows are mine!

Avneet:- It's not true, they are ours!

Siddharth:- Mine!

____________________

!!END OF THE CHAPTER!!

I'm really sorry if you found any mistake!😔

How's the chapter?

Do you enjoyed??

Do inline comments if you like!!

Precap:
They were fighting like cats and dogs

Sid : mine!
Avu: ours!
Sid: mine!
Avu: ours!

Sm1 : what's happening here? what are you why are you 2 shouting?

________________
-----------

Common yarr be a good reader ❤️ & touch th star 🌟 botton 🙂
😔

Words:- 730
Big one ❤️

Do
Vote
&
Comments

Love
Sm❤️