_______CHAPTER 7_______

SIDDHARTH: Why shout, madam?

AVNEET: Why talk rot? It's awful! It's time your Guess was shot, and you compare him with Squeezer!

SIDDHARTH: Excuse me; I cannot continue this discussion: my heart is palpitating.

AVNEET: I've noticed that those hunters argue most who know least.

SIDDHARTH: Madam, please be silent. ... My heart is going to pieces. ... [Shouts] Shut up!

AVNEET: I shan't shut up until you acknowledge that Squeezer is a hundred times better than your Guess!

SIDDHARTH: A hundred times worse! Be hanged to your Squeezer! His head ... eyes ... shoulder ...

AVNEET: There's no need to hang your silly Guess; he's half-dead already!

SIDDHARTH: [Weeps] Shut up! My heart's bursting!

AVNEET: I shan't shut up.

[Enter MR. NANDRA.]

MR.NANDRA: What's the matter now?

AVNEET: Papa, tell us truly, which is the better dog, our Squeezer or his Guess.

SIDDHARTH: MR. NANDRA, I implore you to tell me just one thing: is your Squeezer overshot or not? Yes or no?

MR. NANDRA: And suppose he is? What does it matter? He's the best dog in the district for all that, and so on.

SIDDHARTH: But isn't my Guess better? Really, now?

MR. NANDRA: Don't excite yourself, my precious one. ... Allow me. ... Your Guess certainly has his good points. ... He's pure-bred, firm on his feet, has well-sprung ribs, and all that. But, my dear man, if you want to know the truth, that dog has two defects: he's old and he's short in the muzzle.

SIDDHARTH: Excuse me, my heart. ... Let's take the facts. ... You will remember that on the Marusinsky hunt my Guess ran neck-and-neck with the Count's dog, while your Squeezer was left a whole verst behind.

MR. NANDRA: He got left behind because the Count's whipper-in hit him with his whip.

SIDDHARTH: And with good reason. The dogs are running after a fox, when Squeezer goes and starts worrying a sheep!

MR. NANDRA: It's not true! ... My dear fellow, I'm very liable to lose my temper, and so, just because of that, let's stop arguing. You started because everybody is always jealous of everybody else's dogs. Yes, we're all like that! You too, sir, aren't blameless! You no sooner notice that some dog is better than your Guess than you begin with this, that ... and the other ... and all that. ... I remember everything!

____________________

!!END OF THE CHAPTER!!

I'm really sorry if you found any mistake!😔

How's the chapter?

Do you enjoyed??

Do inline comments if you like!!

Words No. :- 425

Do
Vote
&
Comments

Love
Sm
❤️